MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 MCS is gone - traded in on another vehicle last Thursday. Had enough of the squeaks, rattles, lack of power, the stumble, the bumble, the yoyo and no answers from MINI USA. Took the money I was saving for the JCW conversion and used it towards the new car. Unfortunate that I just had the windows tinted, put new wheels and tires on and had installed the roof rack :rolleyes:

There are some things I will miss about her :(

I will probably still lurk about on the board from time-to-time.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
CurtP said:
My 2004 MCS is gone - traded in on another vehicle last Thursday. Had enough of the squeaks, rattles, lack of power, the stumble, the bumble, the yoyo and no answers from MINI USA. Took the money I was saving for the JCW conversion and used it towards the new car. Unfortunate that I just had the windows tinted, put new wheels and tires on and had installed the roof rack :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that Curt. :(

·
Registered
947 Posts
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. My '04 MCS (9/2003 build) has been EXCELLENT, not a single rattle or squeak....Tight as a drum! The car has had ZERO warranty repair visits since taking delivery October 3rd, 2003 (Yes, it is 1 year old!!!).

I have nearly 13K miles in my 100% factory stock MCS and the car runs like the finest piece of Swiss machinery!.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
CurtP said:

gosh..... :(

so what did you get??? :p

·
Now With More Cowbell
1,687 Posts
AprilWhine said:
As long as it's confession time...

I traded my MINI for a Jeep last week.

BURN THE WITCH!!! :p

Well, since confession is good for the soul, I must admit that I have been looking at the new 2005 Legacy GT. 250hp / 250 ft/lb of torque. Rawr!

-CW

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AprilWhine said:
As long as it's confession time...

I traded my MINI for a Jeep last week.
:eek:

Didn't you have a Jeep before the MINI?

Some of my other reasons for trading it in - doesn't seem so unique anymore. I see them everywhere now and not many of them waive or drive friendly. I'm seeing more and more of them turned into "boy racer" (I try to refrain from using the term "riced out", but that's pretty much what it is). I also got tired of all the SUV's trying to bully me out of the way.

My new car? 2004 BMW Z4 3.0 in bright red :D

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
CurtP said:

Didn't you have a Jeep before the MINI?

Some of my other reasons for trading it in - doesn't seem so unique anymore. I see them everywhere now and not many of them waive or drive friendly. I'm seeing more and more of them turned into "boy racer" (I try to refrain from using the term "riced out", but that's pretty much what it is). I also got tired of all the SUV's trying to bully me out of the way.

Yea, SUVs won't bully you in that :rolleyes: :D

I'll have to talk you in to dropping by Pungo next month so I can check out your new ride.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
CurtP said:

I'm seeing more and more of them turned into "boy racer" (I try to refrain from using the term "riced out", but that's pretty much what it is). I also got tired of all the SUV's trying to bully me out of the way.

They are "ricing" those as well!! :p :D

Attachments

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
obehave said:
Yea, SUVs won't bully you in that :rolleyes: :D

I'll have to talk you in to dropping by Pungo next month so I can check out your new ride.
MOST people stay away from me when I'm in the Z, surprisingly enough. Maybe they're worried that I can afford a good lawyer driving a car like that :D

We were out at Pungo Pizza Saturday night. Wasn't there an autocross event there yesterday? Let me know when you're going to be out there and I'll swing by to watch some cone carnage and to cheer you on!

The Z4 is a brilliant car - peppy, comfortable, rattle free and a very nice exhaust note at cruising speeds. I got such a great deal on it that it would have been foolish of me to pass it up. Suffice it to say that I'm paying very little more than what I was paying for the MCS and insurance went up $125/yr :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.