MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post up some pics. Thanks to Outmotoring in the US I bought some of their black tape and went crazy!! I really like the look and would highly recommend it, it's so easy to do!!!!

:nice:

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks sweet mate!! I tried this using black insulating tape on the section around the boot. Looked good but i didn't have time to do the whole thing... i must say i like the finished article! :cool:

Presumably their tape is the same as insulating (electricians) tape?

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks sweet mate!! I tried this using black insulating tape on the section around the boot. Looked good but i didn't have time to do the whole thing... i must say i like the finished article! :cool:

Presumably their tape is the same as insulating (electricians) tape?
NO NO NO!!! LOL

Its weird stuff really, very thin and when you stick it on there is a transparent layer that you have to peel off the top. The only difference really is that this stuff is the perfect width and probably sticks better!!!:biggrin:

·
it's not easy bein' green
126 Posts
Thought I would post up some pics. Thanks to Outmotoring in the US I bought some of their black tape and went crazy!! I really like the look and would highly recommend it, it's so easy to do!!!!

You should colour code the side vents and get rid of that last wee bit of chrome ;)

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what's so special about the US black tape?...:confused: wouldn't any normal tape do??....

great look, btw...was thinking of doing the same
Normal tape may make do, but might not last as long. This stuff when its on just looks like black plastic and is ultra sticky. Try with normal stuff, but when your driving down the motorway with all this tape hanging off your car and having wasted all that time not using the proper stuff you might end up regretting it?!?! :p

·
Registered
246 Posts
Normal tape may make do, but might not last as long. This stuff when its on just looks like black plastic and is ultra sticky. Try with normal stuff, but when your driving down the motorway with all this tape hanging off your car and having wasted all that time not using the proper stuff you might end up regretting it?!?! :p
The insulating tape will be far inferior, I should know because I did it myself and it started to peel off after two weeks. I'll be making a visit to Outmotoring now to get some, thanks super c00per for the post because I had no idea this existed!:cool:

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow looks sooo good was trying to figure out how to de chrome my s

how much did it cost to get it sent to uk?
Thanks mate!

Well on the outmotoring site when you have something in your shoping basket and you go to checkout for some reason you can only chose $127 postage!!!!

Ifyou click other shipping theres a cheaper method which is about $25...still alot!! It may be cheaper but I cant remember. The tape its self is $12.95 and if you put a request in the notes section when buying for a spair couple of feet they will through it in free!!!!!

Have a look:

Outmotoring Blackout Beltline Kit MINI Cooper

·
Registered
80 Posts
Why the hell is there not a uk based firm that sells all this stuff. Wanted to get a few bits from outmotoring that i couldnt find anywhere else but the postage ended up being around 15 million pounds so have left it.

Looks sweet by the way!....were you a bit nervous doing it? How easy was it to correct if you made a bit of a mistake?

·
MiNi2 dEmOn
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why the hell is there not a uk based firm that sells all this stuff. Wanted to get a few bits from outmotoring that i couldnt find anywhere else but the postage ended up being around 15 million pounds so have left it.

Looks sweet by the way!....were you a bit nervous doing it? How easy was it to correct if you made a bit of a mistake?
Kitkat give Outmotoring a quick call about the postage and they will talk to you about how you can reduce it on their site...they are really helpful!

Nah, I wasn't nervous about doing it as it was really easy to do. you just do one little bit at a time and if it doesnt go staight you just peel it back and straighten it out. I made loads of mistakes but corrected all of them. Go for it, its defiantely worth it and you cant buy it ANYWHERE in the UK...trust me, I tried!!!

·
CHEQUE IT OUT
195 Posts
i did this with the insulation tape and it fits perfect and looks really good, but doesnt last at all, after a wash or a motorway drive it started peeling at the edges and once it had a bit of dirt underneath it would stick again, so i would recommend the proper tape.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts