MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have posted a few times on this site with questions about buying a S. Anyway I done it"" picked up a 10/02 EB/EB, with S spokes, electric sunroof, Xenons, full leather, Sat Nav, DSC etc.

I am very happy with it so far none of the trade mark rattles and stuff as yet. Drives extreamly smooth and handles awessome. No YO YO either.

Thanks for the help and information during my search.

Regards John.

Hope to catch up on one of the cruises one day.

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Congrats!!! :D

How bout some pics? :cool: :)

Where you from John?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I will have to update my profile ;) I am in Batemans bay on the NSW south coast, not to far from either Canberra or Sydney. So no it wasnt me in Melbourne.

Havn't had the chance to take any pics as yet but will get onto it soon.been busy driving home, I purchased it in Brissie, and then spent all day today getting rego and insurance stuff sorted out.

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Congrats mate!!

Get yourself an aero grille and she will look sweeter than candy:D

Todd

·
2,756 Posts
... following on, Congratulations........ I am sure many pleasureable hours of twisty roads lie ahead.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jolly good show chap....

I'm sure us Canberra miniers will soon plan a trip down the mountain to the sea, so we shall have to meet, no?

(Is there a Sat. Nav. map for B.B?)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys,
BenM yes the sat nav has maps here. Need a update disc though, still has the original, Are they burn able????

Yeah it loves the twisty roads :D It is a big step backwards in power and straight line performance for me but it is still very pleasing to drive.

John.

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
XTREEM said:
Thanks guys,
BenM yes the sat nav has maps here. Need a update disc though, still has the original, Are they burn able????

Yeah it loves the twisty roads :D It is a big step backwards in power and straight line performance for me but it is still very pleasing to drive.

John.
Hi,

Welcome to the boards, and congrats on a great car.

The BMW satnav discs are quite expensive to upgrade, around $200 :eek:

Cheers

Robbo

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BenM said:
Jolly good show chap....

I'm sure us Canberra miniers will soon plan a trip down the mountain to the sea, so we shall have to meet, no?

(Is there a Sat. Nav. map for B.B?)

Yeah sounds good mate but I have to warn you now, "I DONT DO CLOWN SUITS" :) :)

·
10,324 Posts
XTREEM said:
It is a big step backwards in power and straight line performance for me
So what did the mini replace?

Todd

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A 11 second Datto 1200 ute/ CA18DET sold and a 13 second Hyundai coupe still on the market. TUFAZZ and XTREEM if you read hot4s and fast fours you might know them.

·
10,324 Posts
I know the plates... I love the jap crap too:p

Everything the mini lacks in straightline performance, it makes up in handling:)

Any wonder you think the mini is quiet:D

Todd

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Red&blackS said:
I know the plates... I love the jap crap too:p

Everything the mini lacks in straightline performance, it makes up in handling:)

Any wonder you think the mini is quiet:D

Todd
Yeah I still love the ricers but just wanted a change.

HAHA yeah the Datto wakes the dead.

Yeah they both handled really well aswell had koni's and all the good gear but the mini is even better standard.

·
10,324 Posts
Think about all the money you will save, not putting bigger turbos, lunching gearboxes etc!!

LOL - there are a number of former owners of highly modded jap cars on here who have moved to the mini for a more user friendly option...

Was your Excel green? and the ute creamy white? Post some shots...

Todd

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No Todd the coupe (not excel) is blue and the ute was yellow. If you tell me how to post pics I can show. Click on insert image then what? Does it have to be web hosted else where?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.