MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I GOT IT I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£1081 Fully Comprehensive Group 72 on a scale of 1-99

So quite high considering

But who cares.....?........yert another piece of the financial puzzle slotted into place

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmmmmmmmmm? shall i tell

:rolleyes:

ok it was directline......

I was only gona see how much a cooper was when there it was the 'S'!!!!!!!!!

So i phoned them and they gave me a quote, they use a scale of 1-99 which gave it a 72 and taking an educated guess id say that was a 12 or 14 in English money

:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
An_S_4_Me said:
I had a look at www.directline.com

Cant see the S in there, did you find it online?

Andy
It is, you select Mini, then Cooper, then you get a choice of which Cooper, Cooper or Cooper S (2002 on).

Mine told them to phone in which case I think that this usually means £££££££££££££££££££££££'s

·
Registered
546 Posts
Direct Line = No Guaranteed Courtesy Car

Any one insuring with Direct Line should be aware that, unlike many UK motor insurers, they don't insist on their approved repairers supplying you with a loan car.

Worth bearing in mind if you rely entirely on one car for transport, especially as MINI parts seem to be very slow reaching dealers. It could cost a few hundred pounds in hire fees just to keep mobile after an accident so a Direct Line policy might not be such good value for money.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Courtesy cars

Courtesy Cars are only issued if you use an 'Approved Repairer' & you car is deemed to be repairable. If you car is a total loss, then you get nothing :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

Drive carefully :D :D :D

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
I was quote for £10'000
Mind you I am only 19(just turned) hehehehe.

My Coooper set me back £1000 fully comp, and unlimited mileage!

You old geezers should try Century insurance...they aren't on the net but they gave me the best quote, they might help you old phogies out you never know

Their phone number is 020 8470 5275

·
Registered
546 Posts
Re: Courtesy cars

smiffy said:
Courtesy Cars are only issued if you use an 'Approved Repairer' & you car is deemed to be repairable. If you car is a total loss, then you get nothing.
Except some policies are created more equal than others!!

Some insurers do supply a Group A courtesy car even if your vehicle is deemed to be a total loss. For example, Zurich lets you may retain the courtesy car for 4 days from the date it was supplied to you. Hire beyond this point is available at a preferential daily rate.

Don't just buy on price - the cheapest quote isn't always best value.

P.S. I don't work for Zurich or any other insurance company.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Dont insure with directline ive heard several bad stories mainly bout the trouble you have with em once youhave an accident......it just aint worth skimpin on Ins especially when you need it

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just got a quote for my Cooper S from Direct Line £558. However I think I will be able to do better than that and am hoping for nearer £420

·
Registered
573 Posts
:( :(

I cant get them to provide a quote, the site comes up with some spiel about me having used the site many times, and they guess I am having problems.

bugger

Andy

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think theres either sumthin wrong with the site atm or its not got all the data cos thats what happened when i tried so i phoned them the day after :D

Directline are a bit dear cos i phoned my current insureres and they quoted me as £650

:D

·
Registered
431 Posts
My Current car insurance is due on 1st March. Phoned Direct Line today and got a quote for £502 for current car (1.2 Corsa), which was the second cheapest quote I have got(Tesco @ £487 were slightly cheaper but could not quote on the S. They are part of Direct Line anyway).

Direct Line quoted me £1317 for the Cooper S. This is much cheaper than I was expecting, but the Excess is £500.

Im 21, with 4 years protected no claims.

I would definately recommend that people phone for Tesco for a quote.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Taking into account when I could get an S, I will be 25 with 4 years no claims bonus.

From direct line on the website the highest was about £910, the lowest was about £750 depending on extras (like protected no claims, voluntary excess etc). That was with just me to drive.

Not THAT bad.

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
I'm 19 with no lcaims and my insurance on the Cooper if it were just me would be £2000, I put my dad as the holder of the insurance and as me as a named driver, got the premiums down to £1000 on the dot with unlimited mielage!

I'll get my onw insurance next yr if I can

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Those quotes are all so high.......must be getting old!!.

Fully comprehensive insurance for me for an Subaru WRX Sti is $600AUD. The Cooper S should be slightly below that. One benefit of being an young at heart old man of 38.

:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts