MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Finally I got my exhaust fitted yesterday and it sounds so good :D :D :D
It has two 70mm pipes coming out under the middle of the rear end, will post some pics when I have time. Also fitted a new air filter by k&n, some lowering springs (30mm) an the BMW bodykit, it looks great!

If anyone is interested maybe I can give him an answer, their website (www.mst-wiesmann.de) is not up to date :(

Have a happy Mini day!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Lots of question on lowering the car as this is something I will want to do:
What is the clearance like at the front wheels after the 30mm drop? How easy were the lowering springs to fit - what tools were needed? Did you have to do a four wheel alignment after lowering the car?
Keith

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
We need some pics :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pic

Hi!

Only have one good pic, the garage where I have made my pics was reflecting the flashlight of my camera, so further pics tomorrow evening.
Haven't fitted the lowering springs myself, but only 1 hour for mst-wiesmann and nothing special required (except the tools you need to change springs at every car). The price is lower than that of the spax-kit, but height is not adjustable and the original dampers are used.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another 2 pics, will create a gallery as soon as possible. By the way, from now on I LOVE PHOTOSHOP :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keith said:
Lots of question on lowering the car as this is something I will want to do:
What is the clearance like at the front wheels after the 30mm drop? How easy were the lowering springs to fit - what tools were needed? Did you have to do a four wheel alignment after lowering the car?
Keith
Clearance at the front wheels is no problem, it's very easy to fit the lowering springs especially at the rear axle and no four wheel alignment needed

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
Does the car feel harsher due to it being lowered? How much were the springs?

Oh is handling better now that your car is lowered?

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ibb said:
Does the car feel harsher due to it being lowered? How much were the springs?

Oh is handling better now that your car is lowered?

Thanks
Handling is nearly the same as before. The car doesn't feel much harsher, the springs simply change "the look". The springs were 180€, don't know how much it is in your currency.

·
1,532 Posts
£110 using the currency converter...bargain, but it will probably £180 in this country anyway doh!

Who make the Springs?

Thanks

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
What happened to the original cut out for the exhuast and why isn't your centre exhaust cut into it either??

·
1,532 Posts
Another question, was the warranty of your car invalidated after the firment of the springs?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
monsta said:
What happened to the original cut out for the exhuast and why isn't your centre exhaust cut into it either??
I was going to ask the same thing :D :D :D

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Car looks great Mini-Fan!:cool: It's got me considering BRG again.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts