MINI Cooper Forum banner

I got my mst-wiesmann exhaust!

6K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  KarmanS 
#1 ·
Hi!

Finally I got my exhaust fitted yesterday and it sounds so good :D :D :D
It has two 70mm pipes coming out under the middle of the rear end, will post some pics when I have time. Also fitted a new air filter by k&n, some lowering springs (30mm) an the BMW bodykit, it looks great!

If anyone is interested maybe I can give him an answer, their website (www.mst-wiesmann.de) is not up to date :(

Have a happy Mini day!

#4 ·
Lots of question on lowering the car as this is something I will want to do:
What is the clearance like at the front wheels after the 30mm drop? How easy were the lowering springs to fit - what tools were needed? Did you have to do a four wheel alignment after lowering the car?
Keith

#8 ·
pic

Hi!

Only have one good pic, the garage where I have made my pics was reflecting the flashlight of my camera, so further pics tomorrow evening.
Haven't fitted the lowering springs myself, but only 1 hour for mst-wiesmann and nothing special required (except the tools you need to change springs at every car). The price is lower than that of the spax-kit, but height is not adjustable and the original dampers are used.

Attachments

#11 ·
Keith said:
Lots of question on lowering the car as this is something I will want to do:
What is the clearance like at the front wheels after the 30mm drop? How easy were the lowering springs to fit - what tools were needed? Did you have to do a four wheel alignment after lowering the car?
Keith
Clearance at the front wheels is no problem, it's very easy to fit the lowering springs especially at the rear axle and no four wheel alignment needed

#14 ·
Ibb said:
Does the car feel harsher due to it being lowered? How much were the springs?

Oh is handling better now that your car is lowered?

Thanks
Handling is nearly the same as before. The car doesn't feel much harsher, the springs simply change "the look". The springs were 180€, don't know how much it is in your currency.

#23 ·
monsta said:
What happened to the original cut out for the exhuast and why isn't your centre exhaust cut into it either??
I got a new part for the rear bumper without this cut out for my old one with the cut out, I think mst-wiesmann will fill the cut out up and paint it grey again so maybe you will get my old part when ordering your exhaust ;)
The new exhaust is low enough so it's not necessary to cut the new part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.