MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people hope you can help me out basically i had to rip a piece of the shell off my backbox yesterday and today took the car to a garage i know nearby (the guy who owns it after he left BMW after 25 years of service, so i know hes good) and he has said the backbox is now paper thin, i booked it in to get it replaced and the guy has said he would order one and could get it cheaper than the dealers, how much can i be looking to pay for this? i only have £250 in the bank and hope this will be enough, if anyone could let me know how much they have paid for theres to be done that would be great thanks

the second question is that i have racing flags on the doors of my mini and they have been on since i got it thinking about a change and taking them off my question is will it leave a mark or look different to the rest of the car as somebody mentioned sun damage to the paint

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't know how much a backbox will be, you don't say what model it is for.

Should be fine to remove the racing flags.
Just warm the vinyl with a hair dryer and slowly pull back the vinyl. I suggest using Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover on a microfibre to remove any glue left from the vinyl. Polish with Autoglym Super Resin Polish for a nice finish :smile:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh that is a good point it is a 52 plate mini cooper

im still undecided on the flags not sure whether to or not cheers for the help on getting them off though:D

·
Just been Clubbed!
379 Posts
Im glad your garage can get a backbox cheaper than the dealers coz when mine needed replacing they quoted £348 :eek: This was the push i needed to get a stainless steel aftermarket PLAYMINI system :cool:

Here's hoping you have got enough cash, good luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for those who are wondering how i got on the guy is doing it for £153 fitted so im all good cash wise cheers for the advice fellas

·
Registered
398 Posts
that sounds a decent price for a back box, I know people who have paid less than that for a second hand miltek though, thats what i'm hoping to do!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts