MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After washing the car today I'm a bit worried about this -

I've been expecting it for a while because there's always been a build up in condensation on them after it's been washed or in heavy rain, I'm not mad on those rear lights anyway, and wanted to get some new ones for a while but I've 2 questions

1) Is this dangerous, and should I put the standard lights back on ASAP?

and

2) Is this a manufacturer fault, or do I blame the guy who fitted them for me?

*Maybe I should just get some goldfish to add to the effect* :rolleyes:

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
Lou, get the guy who fitted em to check em out for ya!

If the waters gettin in through a crack, it may be a manufacturin fault!...or perhaps an inner cover wasn't fitted correctly!

Anyway, if much more water gets in ...i.e upto bulb level, then you could have a short and start blowin fuses!:(

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,173 Posts
Aftermarket tail lights are often not that well sealed anyway. At least the good news is that although they let the water in, all the draughts inside them mean that they should dry out just as quickly!

As a matter of interest the tail lights on my dad's MG Maestro used to fill up with water (an inch, or so). We never could find out where it was getting in, so I drilled a hole in the bottom to let the water drain away; it worked perfectly well for years after that :D

Tigger.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what my dad suggested, I'm just gonna put the standard ones back on (or get someone else too :)) for now, and I'll buy some new ones in the next few weeks. Thanks for your help guyz!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, they could just be poorly made, I remember mine had scorch marks on them after just a few weeks too. Just a few weeks ago one of my friends commented that my brake lights were starting to look more "pink" than red......A bad buy methinks :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.