MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mines of Moria
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few questions on delivery cycle.

My dealer ordered the car about a week ago. Until this weekend the car was showing up with completely different specs then I specified. I saw from the posts here that it is not un common for dealers to order "stock" cars then modify them when people place an order, so I am not all that concerned about that.

I was wondering what the average time is from placing your order to getting a production date, and then how long it takes the car to get across the Atlantic to the East Coast of the US.

On a semi related note, is it possible, or even advisable for the owner to install the roof graphics and bonnet/boot stripes on the car, or should I leave that up to my dealer?

I was looking at the sponsors and Cooper Flags has some nice Perforated Vinyl roof applications for the whole roof and sun roof, but there are no "Certified" installers in my area.

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Check the Delivery and Shipping forum

JoshuaKane said:
I had a few questions on delivery cycle.

My dealer ordered the car about a week ago. Until this weekend the car was showing up with completely different specs then I specified. I saw from the posts here that it is not un common for dealers to order "stock" cars then modify them when people place an order, so I am not all that concerned about that.

I was wondering what the average time is from placing your order to getting a production date, and then how long it takes the car to get across the Atlantic to the East Coast of the US.

On a semi related note, is it possible, or even advisable for the owner to install the roof graphics and bonnet/boot stripes on the car, or should I leave that up to my dealer?

I was looking at the sponsors and Cooper Flags has some nice Perforated Vinyl roof applications for the whole roof and sun roof, but there are no "Certified" installers in my area.
but I went from ordered to production in about 4 days. It's been about 5/6 days since then and the extras I added(sunroof and sport seats just) showed up tonight. I'm going to guess that within the next week it'll go to the next step.

I've visited some sites that sold the see thru graphics for the sun/moon roof and they say instructions are provided if you care to do-it-yourself. I can't imagine it's that difficult and it's certainly less expensive. If the instructions say it's easy to remove then I say give it a shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts