MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've figured out (with help from you lovely mini experts) that my mini is a 1st Generation, but how the hell am I supposed to figure out where to post a question?!?! I'm very confuzzled. :confused:

It took me ages to figure out was "ice" was, I thought it was a cool "down with the kids" phrase that had flown straight over my head.

I have a question on cruise control, basically how the hell does it work? Currently I just press random buttons on my steering wheel, which once resulted in me accelerating at a very rapid pace past a speed camera. I'd love to know how to do it properly... when the guy at the garage tried to show me when I went to collect my car, I was too busy jumping around in my seat desparate to drive it off and I didn't take in a word he was saying :redface:

·
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
194 Posts
Ok, I've figured out (with help from you lovely mini experts) that my mini is a 1st Generation, but how the hell am I supposed to figure out where to post a question?!?! I'm very confuzzled. :confused:

It took me ages to figure out was "ice" was, I thought it was a cool "down with the kids" phrase that had flown straight over my head.

I have a question on cruise control, basically how the hell does it work? Currently I just press random buttons on my steering wheel, which once resulted in me accelerating at a very rapid pace past a speed camera. I'd love to know how to do it properly... when the guy at the garage tried to show me when I went to collect my car, I was too busy jumping around in my seat desparate to drive it off and I didn't take in a word he was saying :redface:
On a hi-fi forum that I frequent there is a common saying.......

RTFM ;)

It is a bit harsh, but probably true. Make a coffee, sit somewhere quite, and read the section within the owners manual.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
First of all welcome thicko:p

This thread shouldn't really be in the general discussion forum;)

Did they not give you the hand book with your MINI? As its all in there.

But basically turn it on, reach the speed you want, set it to maintain that speed, + or - to increase or decrease speed, brake to slow car down in emergency etc...

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
On a hi-fi forum that I frequent there is a common saying.......

RTFM ;)

It is a bit harsh, but probably true. Make a coffee, sit somewhere quite, and read the section within the owners manual.
My response as well but you beat me to it.

Where to post

Look at the forum section - it is split into various sections, select the relevant section and create a new post - the site layout & design is very KISS

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the sidewalk steering wheel, I think 3 spoke?

But apparently I need to go RTFM.... which I haven't even ventured towards yet, and I give myself a good hand slapping for that.... but in my defence, I haven't had a new car in such a long time that I forgot that they actually come with instructions... oops. :p

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
You see this in the forum listing

Interior & Ice
For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion

The clues are right there for you. First of all the word "interior" and then the capitalisation of In Car Entertainment.

;) :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But basically turn it on, reach the speed you want, set it to maintain that speed, + or - to increase or decrease speed, brake to slow car down in emergency etc...
Right, so the button that looks like this I/0 set should set the speed when I press it?? It doesn't, the car slows down when I do that.

My response as well but you beat me to it.

Where to post

Look at the forum section - it is split into various sections, select the relevant section and create a new post - the site layout & design is very KISS
I suppose my thread was more about the forum set up than the cruise control question i guess, it all just seems very "you must be a bit of a mini petrol head to post in these forums"...

... and I was trying to be a bit lightheared about it, ya know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh dear you may well be in for a testing time if you're struggling to count the numebr of spokes on your steering wheel:p

I'm only kidding by the way;):D
I can't see the flippin car from here, it's parked 5 mins walk away!!!! (and no, I can't remember how many there are either :redface: ) :p

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
Ok here goes.

The 1/0 button switches the cruise control on

When you reach your desired speed press the + button

You can then adjust your cruising speed with the +/- buttons

If you brake (or touch the clutch) the cruise control will cut out, but you can return to your cruising speed by pressing the button that looks like a speedo.

If you accelerate briefly the car will return to cruising speed when you lift off.

Obviously the 1/0 button switches it off too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You see this in the forum listing

Interior & Ice
For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion

The clues are right there for you. First of all the word "interior" and then the capitalisation of In Car Entertainment.

;) :D
I had a thread diverted there because I'd put it in the wrong place (surprise surprise) so I didn't see the description of the forum when I clicked on the re-direct... but after finding my thread through a different route, I found the forum description, you see? ;)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Right, so the button that looks like this I/0 set should set the speed when I press it?? It doesn't, the car slows down when I do that.

I suppose my thread was more about the forum set up than the cruise control question i guess, it all just seems very "you must be a bit of a mini petrol head to post in these forums"...

... and I was trying to be a bit lightheared about it, ya know.
That turns it on with the first press, hit + and then it will maintain a speed then;)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I can't see the flippin car from here, it's parked 5 mins walk away!!!! (and no, I can't remember how many there are either :redface: ) :p
When was the car built? Then we can take a guess at the type of wheel you have, but my guess is that you have the newer shape one with the buttons on the front of the spokes rather than the back?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok here goes.

The 1/0 button switches the cruise control on

When you reach your desired speed press the + button

You can then adjust your cruising speed with the +/- buttons

If you brake (or touch the clutch) the cruise control will cut out, but you can return to your cruising speed by pressing the button that looks like a speedo.

If you accelerate briefly the car will return to cruising speed when you lift off.

Obviously the 1/0 button switches it off too.
Brilliant, thanks everso Fu Manchu. That's exactly what I wanted - a non tech speak idiots guide to cruise control!!! The bit I was confused about, I wasn't pressing the + button straight after the I/0 button, and I couldn't understand why the car was slowing down, and I had no idea what the speedo button was for, which probably explains why the car suddenly went fast when I pressed it randomly.

Really helpful, you're a star!!! :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts