MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
working at MINI Guildford
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally picked up my baby yesterday and after 6 months of waiting and having never driven one i can conclude 'Its bloody Great'.
Im trying my hardest to keep it under 4,000 revs, but it hard you and find myself changing gear every other second. The whole car feels so much better than my 02 Cooper (although it did have a thrashing for 2 years).
Anyway just thought i would let everyone know, now however i have to go drive and show off :D :D :D :D

Here's some pics as well :D

Attachments

·
Totalled
7,388 Posts
Nice one Lee :D Great Colour too :cool: The blue interior really looks good :D

It's a totally different experience to the Cooper. I like the way my cooper handles but I've been seriously wieghing up an upgrade for a while now :)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Hickster said:
Nice one Lee :D Great Colour too :cool: The blue interior really looks good :D

It's a totally different experience to the Cooper. I like the way my cooper handles but I've been seriously wieghing up an upgrade for a while now :)
off to S Spec'in with you, they will sort you out:D

·
Hillbilly boy
1,214 Posts
poppet said:
Im trying my hardest to keep it under 4,000 revs,
No its not easy is it...

love the car, sure you will have lots of great times and fun in it...Enjoy

Just clocked up 750 miles in one week in mine........:D so give it another week and mine will be run in:D :D :D

Billy

·
working at MINI Guildford
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone, day three now and have 230 miles on the clock so only 1170 miles till run in. :D :D

Rakey -- I only have plans for shelby strips with will be on after crimbo at the mo, i've already got my mini2 sticker on there :D . And my cd player will go in next week when i have a bit of spare time.

Hickster -- Yes that scuff has really ****ed me off, my mother decided that we should pick my sis up from uni and then when we got there she had 2 suitcases and a huge box, i made a fuss but with mum and sis i didn't stand a chance, so i had to force them in :mad: :rolleyes:

·
Totalled
7,388 Posts
poppet said:
Hickster -- Yes that scuff has really ****ed me off, my mother decided that we should pick my sis up from uni and then when we got there she had 2 suitcases and a huge box, i made a fuss but with mum and sis i didn't stand a chance, so i had to force them in :mad: :rolleyes:
Have they no consideration? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Nice one Lee. Hope you're enjoying the S power :p Looks a lovely little car.

Dont forget your sidelight mods you asked me about :rolleyes: :D lol
Oh & dont worry about the scuff - Go to the dealer at Oxford & ask if they do SMART repairs. If they do, then they will be able to repair that no probs. & it will look like new. Should cost about £50 or so. Hope that helps!!!!
See you when you finish work sometime :) when I'm waiting for Amelia :rolleyes: :D :p

Take care,
Dave :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Scuff Marks

I also marked the rear of the front seats taking a suit case to the airport. I was surprised at how fragile (crappy) the plastic on the rear of the seats is. It would never have occurred to me that a suitcase rubbing on the seat would produce such ghastly and irrepairable results. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.