MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just collected my new MCC (WOW) but the ipod connection doesnt work!

I have got one of the Ipod kits from newministuff and the dealers say it fitted correctly but but when i hit the mode button on the player it says no disc,

The dealer is adamant its fitted correctly and says he will charge to look into it, so i thought maybe its my ipod setup, do I need to name the playlists anything i particular and is there a limit to how many playlist i can have.
The ipod charges from the conection so there is life coming through

Any advice would be gratefully received

Neil

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
You need to give Mikey a ring/email really, as it's his product.

or PM him....

Loads of us have used the icelink from Mikey and they work great - the only problems are fitting related and hiding all the wires. - Mine didn't work straight away and it was due to me pulling a plug out as I refitted the head unit. Solved by taping all the connections together so they couldnt fall out, then refitting the head unit.

I would guess that whoever put it in has dislodged a plug somewhere when the head unit was refitted.

Anyone else worried about fitting it - get mikeythemini to do it for you!!

;)

Stew

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
I had an ICELINK fitted onto my MINI on Friday and it works Perfecto. You don't have to name the playlists to anything specific - you should just hit the mode button and it will (or should) recognise the IPOD. I've been 100% satsified. Sounds like you've got an incorrect fitting to me. I would have had mine fitted by Mikeythemini but decided the 5 hour drive was a little too far... So I went to a more local Dension authorised fitter and had it done there.

A call or PM to Mikeythemini will I'm sure help. I've never read a bad word on this Forum about him.

·
MINI2 Sex God & etc......
1,106 Posts
I have had my icelink in for a while now very good, when installing it, I found that I needed to just push one or two of the wires back in to the plug thingi that goes in to the back of the stereo, try this will take some time but it will work, check that the brown wire especialy is in fully put some pressure on it.

Hope it helps,

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Sounds like a plug not fully home to me.
Any doubts I will send new kit to you.
Has the dealer put the bits behind the knee bolster - if so its easy to pull down & check plugs/pins.
Why did the dealer put it together without checking it???
I am back in Monday 8,30 -01704878528
Or if you can pull the panel down for a look ring my mobile 07770454545 Sunday & I will do my best to help

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mini Virgin said:
I have just collected my new MCC (WOW) but the ipod connection doesnt work!

I have got one of the Ipod kits from newministuff and the dealers say it fitted correctly but but when i hit the mode button on the player it says no disc,

The dealer is adamant its fitted correctly and says he will charge to look into it, so i thought maybe its my ipod setup, do I need to name the playlists anything i particular and is there a limit to how many playlist i can have.
The ipod charges from the conection so there is life coming through

Any advice would be gratefully received

Neil
do you have an autochanger in the boot? i recieved my icelink from mike today, and fitted it without unplugging the leads that connect to the autochanger in the boot - it gave the error you say: 'no disc'. Went and unpluged it from the boot took the key out of the ignition for 20 seconds and tried again and it was working fine.

Also would just like to add that the service i recieved from mike was top notch! i highly recommend getting your ice stuff from him!

btw, mike if you are reading, do you sell the icelink dock connection cable seperately? one of my mates is looking for one after seeing my install. he has the cradle but doesn't think it's as good.

cheers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thanks Guys

I have persuaded the dealer to have alock next friday on your advise that its proberly just a bad connection and they will givr £50 of labour free then charge above tht ( So thats 5 mins probably)

thanks the the offer of the mobile number mike thats great service but hopefully not required

Neil

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
kbgnat said:
do you have an autochanger in the boot? i recieved my icelink from mike today, and fitted it without unplugging the leads that connect to the autochanger in the boot - it gave the error you say: 'no disc'. Went and unpluged it from the boot took the key out of the ignition for 20 seconds and tried again and it was working fine.

Also would just like to add that the service i recieved from mike was top notch! i highly recommend getting your ice stuff from him!

btw, mike if you are reading, do you sell the icelink dock connection cable seperately? one of my mates is looking for one after seeing my install. he has the cradle but doesn't think it's as good.

cheers.
that was the same reason mine wouldn't work to start with, but with some help from Mike we found out it was my own stupid fault for not disconnecting the changer:rolleyes::p

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
UKC4 said:
I have had my icelink in for a while now very good, when installing it, I found that I needed to just push one or two of the wires back in to the plug thingi that goes in to the back of the stereo, try this will take some time but it will work, check that the brown wire especialy is in fully put some pressure on it.

Hope it helps,
Yeh make sure all the wires are in, when I helped fit Adams one came out whilst fitting it :(
The spool with all the little wires coming out they can run loose ou tof the plastic connector thingy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Mike

I just wanted to let everyone know( like we dont anyhow)

that Mike the Mini is a Star!!

My dealer tried again to fit the ipod kit and failed! saying it was the wrong kit and they implied they would charge me for time wasting!! until i pointed out they still owe me £300 ( long story)

Anyhow a flying visit to Formby and in ten minutes mike had it all sorted (it was the right kit) and wouldnt take anything for it!

You suggested I donate to wizzkids which sounds like a great alternantive to me but can you tell me how i do it! I'll be buggered if i can find a link !!

Thanks again Mike

Neil

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
mikeythemini said:
Couldnt find an answer, took the radio out, plugged in the icelink, it worked
Must be my magic touch :)
you must just be good at getting things into holes and turning them on;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts