MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cooper s has a rattling driver's side window for a long long time. I have taken my car to my dealer and the technicans there had tried to fix that for three times and the ratliing still persist. I'm so frustrated.... I have read lots of threads here that talk about rattling at the driver's side and I have suggested all the possible causes to the tech. there. Still.. the problem is there.. And the stituation gets even worst as I found out that the window (the driver's side) don't jump as as it normally does when I close the door a few days ago.

As you know, this could be a very annoying problem coz I used to slam my door without any particular cautions in mind ( you should know what I mean) It's very "painful" to hear that loud noise make by the smashing of the window and the pillar.

I own a 2003 cooper s for a year now and I think BMW really did a bad job.... the car is good only by its style and all da business concepts associate with it but I really doubt the
builind quality of the car.

I owned a honda civic si (2000) for 4 yrs and I can't find a similar problem, this is a Jap. bulit car and I can tell that the quality of the interior part is way more better than the Europe bulit mini cooper.

Does anyone agree with me? :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey man... I've had this problem too. After five different attempts by MINI Woodbridge to fix it, they finallly think they found the cure. As an '03 model, my windows dont have certain rubber bushings that newer cars have. Each window has two of them. Mine has none. On Thursday they are putting them in. If this doesn't work. I give up. For now I've gotten used to cracking the window slightly every time I drive.

As far as the window not falling, open your door all the way, turn your accesory inginition on, put the window down and up. I THINK that's how you reset it. I may be wrong about that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts