MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the otherday, well i heard it first, now I want one again..... I love my clubman but i'm longing for one of East prestons finest.
Now Mrsmeds is talking about getting a car of her own- which has to be an auto...so i'm thinking

if.....i can find a Mini cooper s-works or Grand Prix, with low enough milage, should I sell the clubby to fund 2 new vehicles and go back to basics hmmmmm........

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
20 GP's on MINI Cherished , about £18.5k for less than 10,000 miles.

Still a bargain :D

Here is one with mileage similar to mine

MINI Cooper S with JCW GP
Price: £17,995
Mileage: 17,234
Transmission: Man
Fuel: Petrol
Exterior: Thunder Blue
Interior: Leather GRAVITY Black

Reg. Date: 2006

·
6,836 Posts
20 GP's on MINI Cherished , about £18.5k for less than 10,000 miles.

Still a bargain :D

Here is one with mileage similar to mine

MINI Cooper S with JCW GP
Price: £17,995
Mileage: 17,234
Transmission: Man
Fuel: Petrol
Exterior: Thunder Blue
Interior: Leather GRAVITY Black

Reg. Date: 2006
no silly,
a Grand Prix not a GP

like this

95 Cooper GrandPrix, Cheshire -

·
Banned
50,323 Posts

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the chance to get another works 90 bhp is just too tempting, especially one thats been cossetted. It will be almost as good as new.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
the chance to get another works 90 bhp is just too tempting, especially one thats been cossetted. It will be almost as good as new.
But then if you go driving it you'll be taking all that value away from it, such a dilema, buy something so mint its stunning and just look at it or drive it and loose a packet:confused:

Surely its much better to get something that holds it value at a nice level say 4k that you can enjoy by driving it and only have to maintain it to keep that value;)

RSP or a 35 or a Paul Smith for that kind of money would be my choice, or if you want to spend more like 10k get a convertible, those are holding nicely:)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
i do most day to day driving in my Nemo van now :) :(
But you'd still be torn come the weekend though if you should drive it or trailer it about;)

There have been some mint RSP's on sale recently, with not even 100 miles on them, they went for about 9k, oh I'd have loved one of those, but then how can you enjoy it as every mile would be taking away what you had paid out for:eek:

Go for a driving car Si, something you can enjoy without having to worry about how you drive it, but something thats not loosing any value;)

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my car purchasing history has never been sensible or rational :)

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i thought you were going to show me the tartan red morris cooper s for a mo' a snip at 15k :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts