MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Do you mean a clear one?

Snowie has the clear stuff on his GP (and his mirrors, as I thought it was cracked :eek:) and its good as you cant really see it unless you look really close.

Would only put it on a mint car though, with no existing chips or anything as it would probably show them more? :puzzled:

I was tempted for it on mine, till I went and got a chip right in the middle of the bonnet :mad: :( (gotta do something with that!)

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not a black one (only the bonnet bit). my bonnet is f**ked from stones. the council thought they would try and be cleaver and use stones instead of tarmac. went 12mph (max, usually about 8/9) and its still ruined :(.

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
not a black one (only the bonnet bit). my bonnet is f**ked from stones. the council thought they would try and be cleaver and use stones instead of tarmac. went 12mph (max, usually about 8/9) and its still ruined :(.
Well, if you mean the clear plastic/vinyl type stuff, then I wouldnt put it on as is.

I might be wrong though, maybe someone else could confirm if it would show up the chips underneath more?

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Mine is done with clear Invisishield, bonnet, grill, aero bumper, wing mirrors and top edge of rear bumper.

Only do it over good non chipped paintwork

Jo - you come out with some crackers at times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts