MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mini-Holic
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EBMCS03 said:
Hahha I said that before...
hehe, i think it should be done it will be good. they have already got the red lights there so it cant be that hard to do :p

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Yeah, the sensors are there so they could use those lights as a 'cheap' set of guages so we'd know how long to wait before opening up on the throttle.

Harry

·
Registered
144 Posts
SoggyCornFlakes said:
would be cool :cool:

Yep, and a fairly simple thing to do if they decided to do it... Different versions, One, One D, Cooper, and Cooper S all have different redlines yet they use the same tachometer. The light-up segments are already able to light up at varying intensities to accomidate the differing redlines. It'd be a piece of cake to code.

Rawhyde

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Having an M3 as well as a MINI, I have got so used to the variable rev limit lights I barely notice them anymore :D
Even better is the fact that they act as change up lights with the SMG system. The nearer yoiu get to the revlimiter the more lights that come on..... :cool:

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
washy said:
Having an M3 as well as a MINI, I have got so used to the variable rev limit lights I barely notice them anymore :D
Even better is the fact that they act as change up lights with the SMG system. The nearer yoiu get to the revlimiter the more lights that come on..... :cool:
*drools*..... wanders off muttering M3.... Mmmmmmmm3...... :cool:

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
northandy said:
*drools*..... wanders off muttering M3.... Mmmmmmmm3...... :cool:
As a passenger the ride in Washy's old JCW MCS was better than his M3, IMO. They're very different but the M3 is the real mutts at compleltely illegal speed levels - though the push back in the dseat with rapid accelartino is quite something BUT the MINI is the mutts on any bend ;)

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
SoggyCornFlakes said:
As a passenger the ride in Washy's old JCW MCS was better than his M3, IMO. They're very different but the M3 is the real mutts at compleltely illegal speed levels - though the push back in the dseat with rapid accelartino is quite something BUT the MINI is the mutts on any bend ;)

I would still say the M3 is quicker from point A to point B than the MINI.....probably not as much fun though ;) Too easy in the M if you know what i mean.
Still the M3 is being replaced with something that is probably a little more nible in the corners.... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.