MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
I don't have HK upgrade on my car. Now i am looking for modifying a little bit the stock system. The only difference that i want is a cleaner sound and more bass. But i don't want a very powerful and high sound system. I am looking for a slightly more powerful system without pulling out so many parts from my car. What parts i must buy? What are your advices? Please help me, thank you very much. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Most (you never get 100% agreement on a forum) people agree the biggest improvement
you can make is with a better head unit. To give recommendations though we need to
know the sort of price range you are looking at. Thanks to adapters it's a pretty easy
thing to do yourself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you want a cleaner, as in "balanced" sound, I might suggest you get something with a high resolution (i.e. 7 or more bands) graphic equalizer. A few head units, such as the high end Pioneers, have something called Auto-EQ which makes it very easy. They come with a microphone that you plug into the head unit, set it to auto calibrate, and step outside the car. It plays a series of test tones and clicks, and adjusts the equalizer for your head position and the quality of your speakers. It also does some timing delay tests so that the sound arrives from all the speakers at your head in the correct phase.

I found that to be the biggest improvement in sound *clarity*. WIth more work, you can accomplish the same thing by buying a test tone-cd, a Radio Shack VU meter, and going through the process by hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts