MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like what the title said. Also there are so many shitty videos on YouTube that just don't do it for me. I can't take anyone seriously when it comes to modding. I'm new to my R53 and still feel like I know more then other owners. I want a 62mm intercooler, colder spark plugs with a 17% pulley reduction and a custom exhaust. Hopefully a dyno tune too. I already have an Alta intake. I don't care what people say I've felt a difference. Not big but to me it'll be worth it with the other mods I'm looking for. Anyways. Are these good ideas? I'm just looking for around 190whp. With 17 psi. Which is what the 17% pulley reduction gives I believe. 2 psi difference. Anyways. If you guys have better ideas for those numbers let me know thanks. I'm just trying to be straight forward so my answers are well thought of. I have also taken out the back seats. Also a little difference. Feels lighter.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
you can get that performance with stock cat back exhaust, just a 4:1 manifold, 4:2.1 would be better, drop in air cleaner, 17 pulley if that's what you want but possibly from a 15, (17 doesn't give 17psi necessarily), larger injectors and a custom map, 'with a performance camshaft'.

personally, I'd recommend the cam swap before anything else, people don't realise but even a milder cam can give similar gains to that of say a 15 pulley, maybe 5-10 away but not just at the top, it can be the journey there, and, the milder ones don't need a map so much, all pulleys do, regardless of what people say generally, they might run ok without, that doesn't mean optimally or with the best performance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can get that performance with stock cat back exhaust, just a 4:1 manifold, 4:2.1 would be better, drop in air cleaner, 17 pulley if that's what you want but possibly from a 15, (17 doesn't give 17psi necessarily), larger injectors and a custom map, 'with a performance camshaft'.

personally, I'd recommend the cam swap before anything else, people don't realise but even a milder cam can give similar gains to that of say a 15 pulley, maybe 5-10 away but not just at the top, it can be the journey there, and, the milder ones don't need a map so much, all pulleys do, regardless of what people say generally, they might run ok without, that doesn't mean optimally or with the best performance.
I'm looking at a MTC intercooler. I'm wondering if it's worth getting for performance. Does it give some hp or is it just throttle response?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts