MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have not been on here for a few months now, I want to learn more about the 2g mini one I am buying. Is there a full engine and spec thigny on here?

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
If you have specified a Salt or Pepper pack then you will get the colour changable lights, as they are part of the interior lights package :)

Will it rattle? Probably :p Its a MINI :p Seriously though, my new S is fine, it did have a rattle that appeared at about 40 mph and higher, but thats mysteriously gone now!

Whats the engine like? No idea :p The new ONE is the only R56 ive not driven :eek:

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
We have three 2nd Gen MINI Ones at work. They feel perkier than the 1st gen MINI One from a standstill but I do find the 1.4 litre engine has a flat spot between 2nd and 3rd gear which can sometimes catch you out if you're in the wrong gear.

Having said that, my own car is an R53 so it will obviously feel a bit flat compared to that. :p

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have specified a Salt or Pepper pack then you will get the colour changable lights, as they are part of the interior lights package :)

Will it rattle? Probably :p Its a MINI :p Seriously though, my new S is fine, it did have a rattle that appeared at about 40 mph and higher, but thats mysteriously gone now!

Whats the engine like? No idea :p The new ONE is the only R56 ive not driven :eek:
lol

Cool as, I got the pepper pack with it so I get the colour lights! Funny how the lights are more important that most things

Ok, I think the rattling wont be too bad cos the suspension will be better. I am not fussed with power, my last mini was a one and that was fast enough. I really think im gonna love this little car!! What is the boost stereo like ?

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
I find the standard radio/speakers absolutly fine. A lot of people on here seem to think its pretty dire, but I guess it depends how you listen to your music ;) Ive always had standard speakers so am used to it :)

The suspension will be better (provided youve not ordered sports suspension!)!! What size alloys are you getting? My S (and the Dooper) runs better on 17"s than my old R50 ONE did on 16"s! Thats definatly changed for the better :p

·
Registered
541 Posts

I had a rattle in my MINI the other week, took me 3 days to work out it was a can in the cup holder on top of some 2ps :D:eek:

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
i dont think the sterio is very good - i have had a sub in the boot, and am going to be changing my front/read components and adding some tweeters as i think the standard speakers are very flat and lack some power!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts