MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spend the last 3 hours trying to get my Ice-Link Plus (old style, schrinked case) to work again with my facelift Boost radio. I had to do some work and disconnected the car from the battery. After that the HU only displays Ice-Link Plus scrolling in the HU screen and I cannot control the iPod anymore from the radio. So I hear the iPod and have to select songs through the iPod. This is not a very big problem but the iPod does not switch off after stopping the engine.

I had this problem before, the solution then was playing the CarIF_Clear.mp3 from the iPod, followed by CarIf_BMW to set text control to BMW again on the IceLink. These files were still on my iPod. This now has no effect however. I've tried everything (also searching this forum and reading every Ice-Link problem thread and the Dension Knowledge Base) but did not find a solution. I tried playing the files on Ignition or only HU on, playing while on CDC 6 and every other Disk pre-selection, start before and after connecting the iPod to the Ice-Link. Pressing on CDC6 and next track does not show any Ice link menu.

I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mike, that did the trick. I didn't even have to play the CarIf_BMW like last time, disconnecting the battery, waiting a half hour and reconnecting was enough.

I disconnected power because I had to take out the airbag to put in my original JCW carbon steering wheel inserts with MF buttons, long live the Dremel :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts