MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1526 Posts

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Ice Link out now that transfers the Song name to the cd player Display.
Has anyone got more info on it?

They are talking about the playlist thing like the BMW one. Personally I would perfer the option of selecting Artist, Album etc like the Icelink 1.1 from Mikeythemini

Cheers
Brett

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just looking at this myself as i need to order one asap. Does the icelink plus not allow you to browse thru the ipod while its connected and play what you want? If it only allows playlists ill get the older icelink 1.1. Also which connection would i need for the icelink as im just on there site now. Ive got the CD Boost in my MINI and no cd changer. The options on the Dension site are:

Radio-end connectivity kit for BMW 3-series E46 with 16:9 screen navigation only, BMW 5-series 2001-2003 only for post "Angel Eyes" 2001MY headlamp facelift (not for DSP radios), BMW X5 2000-2004 (not for DSP radios), BMW Z4 2003-2004 (not for DSP radios), Mini Cooper 2002-2004. This is a radio-end harness that requires removing the radio to make the connection [R40].

Or

Factory CD-changer harness connection kit compatible with BMW K1200LT motorcycle, BMW 3-series 1996-2004 (except 96 318ti), BMW 5-series 1997-2003 (dsp option maybe required), BMW 7-series 9/1998-2001 (dsp option maybe required), BMW X3 2004, X5 2000-2004 (dsp option maybe required), BMW Z3 all, Z4 2003-2004 (dsp may be needed for Premium sound only, not for standard sound) , Z8 2001-2003, Mini Cooper 2002-2004. The factory harness may be located in trunk, under the subwoofer, in the glove box. No radio removal is needed, however cable needs to be routed back to desired location.

Which one therefore do i require? i cant make head nor tail of it!!

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
I have an ice-link, but would love to have the controls directly from the radio, or at least have the artist/ song displayed on the HU... Does anyone know if the plus version of the ice-link uses the same wiring harness as the orginal??... how can I upgrade mine to the new one??

Mikey???... we need help here :)

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
I think that the new Ice Link Plus still will not dispay the ID3 tags from your I-Pod guys, not on the mini head-unit anyway.

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Rich_IX said:
I think that the new Ice Link Plus still will not dispay the ID3 tags from your I-Pod guys, not on the mini head-unit anyway.
I had a look on the motoring file, and there seems to be alot of confusion on if it will be able to or not... odds on it won't, but we'll wait and see. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
I wwill be doing upgrades
Yu can use existing icelink cradles/dock connectors
The MINI stereos will NOT display id3 tags (sony, kenwood stereos etc will)
About a week away from having stocks of the new kit, then I will have lots of options on my site

·
Registered
67 Posts
From the mouth of Denison, posted at Motoring file

Guys (and gals),

I had a chance to test this out in my 540i last night and all I can say is WOW! This is the old ice>Link on steriods.

Big features:

* Navigation of playlists via steering wheel control.

* FULL control over charging capabilities [ON/OFF/2 hour charge]

* Playlists 1-5 on your factory head unit for easy access

* Dual operation mode, if you are comfortable with the classic iPod interface, you can reboot to standard ice>Link mode with the press of a button.

We have a planned firmware update that will be released shortly thereafter for the ID3v2 Text support on the BMW and Mini displays, this will support both the Multi-Functional Displays and Navigation units.

When the firmware is released, it will be available as a free upgrade from our website. Load the software into your iPod and flash the ice>Link and ID3v2 support will be added!

Any questions can be directed via email or phone:

Tom Guagliardo

Dension USA
[email protected]
562.595.5153 x115
I'm hoping with the mention of nav we get something like this.

Paul

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
mikeythemini said:
I wwill be doing upgrades
Yu can use existing icelink cradles/dock connectors
The MINI stereos will NOT display id3 tags (sony, kenwood stereos etc will)
About a week away from having stocks of the new kit, then I will have lots of options on my site
What will the advantage of the plus be if it's not possible to see the artist or track names??

·
I'd rather be motoring
77 Posts
Yes, yes, more information, please. I'd love to put the Ice-Link Plus on my holiday gift list. I'm just not sure what it gives me over the standard Ice-Link that is already available.

-Gotham

·
Being normal is not fun!
3,920 Posts
So from the Dension post above, does that mean that the ID3 tags will work only on the Mini Sat Nav screen, or will work on the headunit (once the firmware upgrade is out)?!?

We have a planned firmware update that will be released shortly thereafter for the ID3v2 Text support on the BMW and Mini displays, this will support both the Multi-Functional Displays and Navigation units.

·
Registered
22 Posts
typically i bought my Denison ICELINK v1.1 on a tues, and then on thurs i discover theyre bringing out the ICELINK plus!

cap it off ive snapped the aerial on my head unit...

BAD WEEK!

·
I'd rather be motoring
77 Posts
My real question is what kind of functionality do I get with the standard MCS head unit with H/K spearkers? Do I get all the features such as play-list control, or does that only occur if I upgrade to a difference HU?

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has anyone got this yet???

1 - 20 of 1526 Posts