MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a play with a friends ipod connected to his alpine sterio. It was a bit difficult to select all the tracts etc & they were displayed on his alpine fold out screen. Once the ipod was connected you couldn't use the ipod click weel etc.

How does it work using the Dennison ice-link cable with the ipod? Can you still use the controls on ipod or is it only via the sterio controls (I dont have MFSW on this mini)? If so what can you access? Play lists or can you search under albums +/- artists?

Many thanks

Nick

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
If the screen/controls remain active, does that mean you can see what's playing on the iPod's screen itself ?

I have an Alpine KCA-420i on order, but I'm wondering if the whole Alpine set up is worth it. I still have a Boost, but was planning for the CDA-9831 head unit once I had the iPod adaptor.

--
paco

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
With the Alpine - the ipod screen and controls are dead, but the track names etc scoll on alpine screen - cool, but control of ipod from aline isn't good
With icelink ipod screen & control remain active, and yu have track control from stereo but no track names on stereo

·
I'm not an addict.
146 Posts
Quality-wise from what you heard so far, is the Alpine setup worth all the hassle compared to the Boost/Ice-Link ? I will keep my standard speakers for now.

--
paco

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.