MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed ICELink on my Boost HU. I cannot quite understand how the 1 to 6 buttons on the HU are used, in the BMW/iPod interface they switch to playlists, is there something similar in the ICELink?

Also when the mode button is used to switch to FM, shouldn't the iPod be switched off and conversly when the mode button selects CD shouldn't the iPod be powered on?

Lastly, when the ignition is off but the HU is switched on, are the MFSW buttons disabled? I cannot remember before installin the ICElink, but they do nothing now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, I've read the piece of paper that came with the ICELink and understand the HU buttons are not used (except to change the output from the iPod) and now that the HU has recognised the ICELink it works as expected using the mode button.

The only thing that puzzles me is the SatNav. When she kicks in (Turn right in 100 yards), the iPod powers off and then back on when she has finished? Does anyone else with ICELink have this problem/behaviour? I guess the HU is performing an audio switch and therefore the iPod powers down as it would if FM had been selected.

Also, my ICELink states v1.2 and software V2.0? Are there any changes for this later version?

·
MINI2 lurker
613 Posts
I know that other people have had a few things going on with icelink and sat nav. The best person to ask is MikeytheMini . He is away until the 7th though. Try searching the forums as other members may be able to help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts