MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching but wasn't able to find an answer...

... am looking to purhase the dension icelink to connect up my 40GB 4th gen ipod. I have a 02 mini with MiniDisc boost headunit and CD autochanger in the back. I am wondering, will the icelink work with the MD headunit i have? I know most people have the CD Boost and it works fine, but i haven't come across any post were they have installed the icelink with MD headunit.

I know mickeythemini is the man to ask, but hes away on holiday just now, so thought it would be easier and quicker to ask here.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mikeythemini said:
I'm back
It will work with your stereo but you will need to disconnect your changer
good to have you back! hope you had a good time :D

i will order the kit from your website tonight. still deciding whether to get the cradle or just the dock connector.... not got a glovebox you see. Rang the dealer today to order one in for me, and was told it would cost £108 :eek: You can guess I was :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: off! anyway, will probably order from another dealer tomorrow, 'cause i know from others on here, that it should cost no more than £78. my dealer tried to tell me prices fluctuate - yeah right!!

prefer having the ipod sitting in the glovebox, since i have an iSkin and with the skin on, the ipod will never fit in the cradle. So reckon i will just order the dock connector.

Cheers again Mikey.

p.s. mickey, you got any stock of the icelink (dock connector version) in? or will you need to order it in? just wondering, as i am dying to have my entire music collection in my mini.

:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.