MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mini MINI adventure...

:cheshire cat grin:

My MINI & I will be playing in Snowdonia (appropriate name, no?!) over the next couple of days :D

Traveling solo so I suppose sensible stuff should be packed in the boot, eh! :confused: So: water, blanket, extra battery for mobile, torch... anything else peeps?

·
MINI-no-more
1,415 Posts
The thought of ice/snow scares the heck out of me now. Back in January we had a very light dusting of snow. I was driving down a fairly steep road towards a T junction onto a main road...applied brakes...nothing :eek:. Slid down the road and ended up on the wrong side of the main road. Thank God I hit nothing and nothing hit me. Though I nearly took out some lad waiting for the bus :eek:. Really shook me up...next time I'll work from home :D. Be careful :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Coquette said:

My MINI & I will be playing in Snowdonia (appropriate name, no?!) over the next couple of days :D

Traveling solo so I suppose sensible stuff should be packed in the boot, eh! :confused: So: water, blanket, extra battery for mobile, torch... anything else peeps?
Extra windshield fluid is a must. I drive to NYC from Toronto every other week for work throughout the year. I'll usually pack a couple of chocolate bar or energy bar and an empty bottle (for a specific reason everyone knows) just in case I'm stuck in traffic. The winter weather here in North America is so unpredictable.

Anyway, have fun and safe trip. :p :p

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
let it snow let it snow let it snow :D

Northern Scotland has had some already apparently - will move down to NE England but not likely to get any further south than that :(

Unless Mr Met Man Hicky Fish can tell us differently ?

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Coquette said:

Wow! I want to play too :) don't forget de-icer, good music, chocolate, kendal mint cake, ice scraper, gloves, hat, make sure you're topped up with wiper fluid etc, thermos of coffee/soup and a sense of marvellous adventure.. and a camera to show us your pics :)

Have a brilliant time :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks Intrepid, and everyone else too :)

Can't wait. I have the map out on the bed next to the PowerBook as I type :D Going through possible routes. Off work next week so who knows how long this adventure could last. Think I'll just keep driving 'till I get homesick for London :D :cool:

I'll post pics if any of the shots are good :D

·
meow mini2 meow
560 Posts
KPKalle said:
The first snow has already arrived here - last night and continuing today. And it's a big one :(
excellent

I'm in Copenhagen at the moment and it's absoloutely freezing! No signs of snow or even MINI's :(

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Intrepid said:
Wow! I want to play too :) don't forget de-icer, good music, chocolate, kendal mint cake, ice scraper, gloves, hat, make sure you're topped up with wiper fluid etc, thermos of coffee/soup and a sense of marvellous adventure.. and a camera to show us your pics :)

Have a brilliant time :)
,,,,,and don't forget a book, magazines and of course, the cuddly toy :D

·
Official MINI2 Fluffer
5,261 Posts
SoggyCornFlakes said:
let it snow let it snow let it snow :D

Northern Scotland has had some already apparently - will move down to NE England but not likely to get any further south than that :(

Unless Mr Met Man Hicky Fish can tell us differently ?

Maybe sunny Milton Keynes will get a millimetre of snow thus causing major traffic chaos on the M1? :p :D

<---- Off to bribe the gritters to miss MK-Northampton stretch again! :p :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.