MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone,

Just wondering if any of the 05 MCS owners experience occassional rough idling of your car? It last for about 5 seconds and goes away. It feels like misfiring of spark plugs or some air/fuel ratio problem. The car shakes quite badly and rpm drops slightly. It seems that some of the 05 MCS are plagued with this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
software...

same prob. here had MINI upgrade to V. 38 from V. 37 and it got worse now it idles rough then DIES!!! do not let them upgrade you to 38 , there is supposed to be a newer one, try it and let me know what happens. :eb:

·
I want my MCS now! pls?
36 Posts
Yup i have this too... happens only occasionally like when i'm at stoplights. Seems to only happen when engine is already warmed up. If i blip the throttle slightly it goes away.
Just asked my dealer about it yesterday but he gave me the normal spin about all Minis doing this! :confused: He said he'll try to have a look at it when i bring it in for some other niggles tho.

Do a search for 'rough idle' on the faults and fixes forums. There's a thread about it there that apparently has a fix. Don't know how applicable it is to the 2005 MCS tho.

·
Motoring since 8/4/04 :)
553 Posts
Mine's done it once of twice when starting up in the mornings. I just put it down to the ecu trying to keep the revs as low as posible but getting confused.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CrapS said:
Yup i have this too... happens only occasionally like when i'm at stoplights. Seems to only happen when engine is already warmed up. If i blip the throttle slightly it goes away.
Just asked my dealer about it yesterday but he gave me the normal spin about all Minis doing this! :confused: He said he'll try to have a look at it when i bring it in for some other niggles tho.

Do a search for 'rough idle' on the faults and fixes forums. There's a thread about it there that apparently has a fix. Don't know how applicable it is to the 2005 MCS tho.
That's exactly the same problem I have. I sent the car back to the agent on the 3rd day after taking delivery and they told me that they increased the RPM slightly, which is the advise they get from BMW. It's still the same after that. I am am going back to the agent today to see what else they have to say. I can't accept the fact that this is a brand new car and it's behaving this way. May be occassional but we didn;t pay so much for a MCS that we have to bear with such "minor' issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had the same problem. Done 1400kms. Happened first time about 110kms!

Only happened about 4 times but enough to notice something was wrong. Rough idle, feels like it's about to stall etc etc. Has always happened at a red light. Usually I give it a rev and it sorts itself out. Last time I just left it to see what would happen and sure enough it started to idle fine by itself. Have had this kind of thing happen on other cars but only after you've been redlining every gear and then come to a sudden stop.

Can kind of live with it at the moment unless it gets worse. See what happens after I've run it in. Could be just growing pains! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I too have had occasional problems with idling in the morning on my 05 MCS. More troubling to me though is the hesitation in acceleration when the pedal is depressed. I know the gas pedal is electronically operated rather than mechanical, but there seems to be a brief but very discernible pause in acceleration upon initially depressing the gas pedal. Does anyone else experience this phenomenon?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welbo said:
I had experienced this twice since I got my car last week. Currently about 800km on it only.
Hello Welbo, I've heard that there's another owner with similar problem and guess it must be u. HAve u brought the car back to PML? What did they do to your car so far? Do u also own an A4 Cabriolet? I thought I've seen u post in Vagsg before. I had an A4 1.8TQM before which I sold it 4 months ago.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Derm said:
Hello Welbo, I've heard that there's another owner with similar problem and guess it must be u. HAve u brought the car back to PML? What did they do to your car so far? Do u also own an A4 Cabriolet? I thought I've seen u post in Vagsg before. I had an A4 1.8TQM before which I sold it 4 months ago.
I did not brought back to them on this issue as it did not really bug me. I had other issues that resulted me bringing the car back to them. Yes I do have a A4 Cab.

Cheers!
:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.