MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't going to be scientific or anything, but if you were walking into a dealership in the US today and putting your money down to get on the list for an S, considering the number of people ahead of you and the fact that some dealers are opening before others, which dealership would get you your car fastest?

Anybody venture a guess?

·
Spectator
1,563 Posts
My guess is Century MINI in Greenville SC.
There are two MINI dealers in SC (which isn't a huge state to begin with), and the Greenville MINI is only about 90 miles either direction to the Winston-Salem and Atlanta dealers.

Chip H.

Do I win???
:D :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
chiph said:
My guess is Century MINI in Greenville SC.
There are two MINI dealers in SC (which isn't a huge state to begin with), and the Greenville MINI is only about 90 miles either direction to the Winston-Salem and Atlanta dealers.

Chip H.

Do I win???
:D :D
Chip H. Will Century MINI be opening on March 22? Will they have a demo Cooper S on that date? Or only regular Coopers? What is up??!!:cool: Thanks Lemooz in Tn.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I've just been told yesterday that MINI of Sterling will get the normal two Cooper S demos in a couple of weeks (the 22nd) AND will have four more pre-specced in APRIL, not August, not July, NOT JUNE.
So, it's likely I'll be driving an S in April as #1 on the list.

My Towson, MD dealer told me just today that they'll have NO S's until late June/early July and those are the Pre-specced. Hell, I'll have a specced car by then (according to what I'm still being told).

Now, keep in mind, MINI of Sterling finished their showroom two months ago and is not that far from east coast ports.

All of this is of course hear-say until I'm driving one...:rolleyes:

Oh, but as an answer to your question, I believe they have about 70 on their list for an S, so maybe this is all moot.
They will have 52 Coopers and 4 S's between now and April.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Century BMW/MINI is approx. 12-15 miles from the BMW Manufacturing plant in Greer, SC. They produce the Z3's & X5's there. The BMW Performance Center is there along with the VPC (Vehicle Prep Center) for the South/Southeast. MINIs and German made BMWs arrive at the Charleston Port and then are railed to the VPC in Greer, SC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts