MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol so i've just spent the last hour outside find combing my R53 looking for my MK3 Nav unit. I basically want to do a firmware upgrade, its currently at 3-1\50 (V19) and i can't find it anywhere, heres a list of places i looked (very hard, i have cuts and scratches on my hands)

Under driver seat
Under passenger seat
Drivers footwell
Passengers footwell (found my amp thingy called "Mini Sound Module")
Under all mats
Glove Compartment (no cover version)
Boot
Under boot carpet (where the batter is)
Right side panel in the boot
Left side panel in the boot
Under boot shelf
Rear passenger seats (there aren't any panels so no where to hide it)
lol...Under the bonnet
lol...Under the car (batter/boot area)

i've seriously looked everywhere and am so baffled. Could it be behind a non removeable/screwed panel?
Any idead?

Thanks

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Not sure on right hand drive, but it is under one of the front seats. There you will see a long black plastic strip that opens and behind it is the unit. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure on right hand drive, but it is under one of the front seats. There you will see a long black plastic strip that opens and behind it is the unit. ;)
hit it right on the head, just went to the car to have a 2nd look, i remembered first time i saw a black panel but didnt bother to look into it, i was expecting to see the full unit screwed to the bottom of the seats. Its quite hard to miss even with the flap open its a tiny opening.

Thank you very much!

·
Supercharger Noiseaholic
186 Posts
hit it right on the head, just went to the car to have a 2nd look, i remembered first time i saw a black panel but didnt bother to look into it, i was expecting to see the full unit screwed to the bottom of the seats. Its quite hard to miss even with the flap open its a tiny opening.

Thank you very much!
Try upgrading it to a DVD, to get it out is a mission!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts