MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To All,

Are you happy with your Minis? I do not currently own one but am researching a potential future purchase for my wife. I am looking for a convertible. Is 2005 the first year for the convertible or are there older versions since they came out a few years ago?

Any big problems?

I own a Nissan 350 Z and the big problem with it has been excessive front tire wear due to poor factory alignment or some other front end flaw.

Any big issues with the Minis?

Thanks for any help.

Lou

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lou_seeking_cooper I f you are doing some buying resrarch for the Cabrio. I would recomend you to start looking at posts in the convertible thread section in MINI2 forum.
Good-Luck I'm sure you will be very happy to own a MINI Cabrio S. Top machine :D

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
first up - welcome to MINI2, you should get honest answers to all your questions here ;)

As trub cab says check out the convertible forum for lots of owner feedback and pics - link here http://www.mini2.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=622

All makes of car have some faults, MINI has had it's fair share but in the main they have now resolved most quality issues and produce a fantastic little car. I'm on my second Cooper with no problems.

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
hello... welcome to you Lou!

I'm on my third Mini - but I haven't had a convertible... I love them and think they're brilliant. I've been fortunate not to have had anything go wrong on either my Cooper or Cooper S. My first One got recalled due to a gear box fault - but that was a long time ago and the fault has been rectified. You get access to legendary forums like this one - and a great community on the road. They are very charismatic little cars... the best small car on the road in my opinion. Enjoy hunting for one :)

·
Happy Motorer!
60 Posts
Welcome to Mini2!

Lou, I have just purchased my first MINI, a 2005 Cooper S Convertible, and it is the absolute best car I have ever owned. I couldn't be more pleased with the way it handles, looks, smells, everything! Plus, you get people rolling down their windows to yell "Cool car!" at you as you're driving... what could be more fun?

For reference, my last car was a Honda Accord V6, and I have never owned any other convertible, so I'm not coming from the same background as some of these guys who have driven BMWs or Lexuses (Lexii?)before. All I can say is that one day, this little cabrio will still be in my garage with "classic auto" license plates on it because I am never ever letting it go!

How's that for an enthusiastic thumbs-up? Go for a test drive... you won't be disappointed!

DeLaura

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Hi and welcome. :)
I'll echo some of the sentiments expressed previously, test drive a MINI and you'll know if it's the car for you.
I have an 05 model S and love it way more than is healthy. :eek: Most of the build quality issues have been resolved and if anything major does go wrong, the TLC should cover it.
I've been an owner since July and still get a buzz just getting into the car, never mind driving it. It's a very rewarding car to own and run.

Do it!!!! You won't regret it. :D ;)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site you will find it a great source of info!

The cabrio has only been available since July this year so you won't find earlier models. I got the new version of the hard top in July and absolutely love it - so good luck on your prospective purchase.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
'03 Cooper S owner here.
I LOVE MY CAR.
Owned since October '02 and 18K miles on the ODO.
Replaced a leaking coolant overflow bottle around 6K and haven't had another problem since.
They're not cute. They're not cool. They're not trendy.
They are simply GREAT cars that will change the way you feel about driving.
Welcome to MINI2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts