MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a press release dated 11/4/04 re new features for MINIs after January production dates.

It talks about chili packages . For the US, how does this translate? Cold weather pack?

Whatever it is, does this mean that I can get a limited slip differential and/or 17" wheels other than the clunky S-lites as part of this package? What is it called in the US?

I read this release here in news stories and would like to know before I order my 2005 S. My advisor is a bit confused on this issue so I appeal to our collective wisdom.

Thanks.

BTW, www.minisontop.com

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
jcsinnh said:
There was a press release dated 11/4/04 re new features for MINIs after January production dates.

It talks about chili packages . For the US, how does this translate? Cold weather pack?

Whatever it is, does this mean that I can get a limited slip differential and/or 17" wheels other than the clunky S-lites as part of this package? What is it called in the US?

I read this release here in news stories and would like to know before I order my 2005 S. My advisor is a bit confused on this issue so I appeal to our collective wisdom.

Thanks.

BTW, www.minisontop.com
Chilli pack doesn't affect anyone in the US as far as I am aware.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wildchild jules said:
Chilli pack doesn't affect anyone in the US as far as I am aware.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. If that's true, it is disappointing. I'm feeling slighted ;)

I do know that I can get the lsd for $500. separately. Hoping for great package deal. Especially since price + is on the way.

·
Registered
514 Posts
jcsinnh said:
Thanks. If that's true, it is disappointing. I'm feeling slighted
No need to feel slighted, as we can get the same options in the US, they're just packaged differently.

Looking at the Mini.co.uk site, the Chilli pkg for the Cooper S includes:

1. 17" S-lite alloys -- Available in US Sport pkg or as single option
2. 3 spoke sport steering wheel -- standard in US I believe (w/ option to upgrade to MFSW)
3. Cloth/leather upholstry -- US upholstry choices are limited; only cloth/leather combo is the Tartan red
4. Floor mats -- US dealer add on
5. Front fog lights -- In Sport pkg or stand alone option
6. Interior lights pkg -- No idea what this includes but the US car has plenty of lights inside :)
7. Onboard computer -- Available in Premium pkg or stand alone option
8. Passenger seat height adjustment - Standard feature in US
9. Manual Air conditioning - Standard feature in US
10. Xenon headlamps -- Available in Sport pkg or stand alone option
11. Storage compartment pkg -- Not available in US (?)

In the US, we have four packages to choose from - Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Convenience. The Chilli package in UK doesn't really map to the US packages.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks but on my current MINI, I have all 3 pkgs. (Convenience?) Except for auto-dim and wiper sensor which were off market at the time of build. I'll spend the $$$ for the lsd as I want it. I won't spend the extra $$$ for different alloys than S-Lites although I would like too. Remember, MSRP +$500 in a couple of weeks, I understand, plus the $500. for the lsd + I will repeat all 3 pkgs = more than a set of floor mats. Then there are the planned mods...............

Just trying to see if I could wiggle the words for a deal. Chilli there (UK) should equate to something identical or close over here. Guess not. Hmm...what if I went to the UK, ordered the car there with the chilli and had it shipped here? ;) Off to check exchange rates.... :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.