MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MINI2 Lover
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! OMG im so excited! hehe
So i got 2500 dollars from the government of Alberta for being such a good student..
And im trying to buy me something for being such a good student..
Should I get HammanFrontSpoiler? or Should I get M7 CF Spoiler?? I have NOOOO idea wat will look good!!!
I'm ganna Paint my Black molding my bodycolor but i donno if tat will look good with Hamman or M7
Does any one have a Picure of pepper white MCS with either Hamman or M7??
Plz help me spend this 2500 dollars wisely!!

·
Best Personal Regards
2,022 Posts
Ni icen in Toronto eh??? Wanna buy a bridge??? ;)

Seriously, I drive a dropped MINI with the aero kit and I have to be extra careful even around traffic bumps and such.....I wouldn't dream of driving it in the winter. Of course if I got lucky enough to move to sunny and balmy Toronto, I would probably do it there :rolleyes: ;)

2500 will get you a seriously nice set of wheels and tires........which you could use in the summer instead........

·
Registered
700 Posts
In order to spend the $2500 wisely, you'd have to invest the money in something that would bring a return on your investment (well, you asked!).

Some folks think the MINI is great the way it is. With this in mind, INVEST the money! Put it away until you graduate, when you'll really need it. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and double or triple the investment!

Okay, I'll shut up now . . . :rolleyes:

·
MINI2 Lover
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe~~ invest heh?? lol Well actaully i don't think MONEY is the factor with my family..and plz, im not trying to brag or anything. I just want to spend this money on my car and i just dont know wat. I've been lookin at BMW aerokits, HarmanFrontSpoilers and M7s....they all look great but i donno which one I will like for a long period of time... So help me guys..
By the way, I got into Human Biology in U of C..HAHA but umm yea wat is this college tat they say i need to pick out of seven colleges?? is it like ur TA building??COuld somone tat goes to U of T answer this for me?

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
First things good students do is use a spell-checker on their paragraphs. It's hard to help when it is difficult to read what you would like to say.

Go online and browse aero-kits. I am not sure what the Alberta gov't is up to giving away free money for being something that you should be anyway, but hey, if they give it, take it!

If money is no matter for you and your family, then you can spend your own money on an aero kit. Put the gov't money to better use by putting it away. Bonds, mutual funds, etc. and spend your own money that you have anyway on the extras. My 2.6 cents Canadian.

·
MINI2 Lover
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm a bit offended by this...what do you mean "wat the hell is Alberta's government doing giving out money to kids like you" ? I well deserved this "scholarship" as I have kept 90 percent average through out my whole high school years...What Im wondering is..how is someone as rude as you still surinf around mini2 forum still? I thought Mini2 was better than this guys... :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
how funny. He was asking why the government was giving money away to students who should be doing well anyways. In the states your ' 90% average' is a barely a B+, and if they gave money away for B+s it would be a little rediculous. (this is graded on a 93-100 A, 83-92-B etc..)

He was also commenting on, if you were such a good student, why wouldnt you spell check or at least spell out all of your words.

Now to the subject at hand. Forget the front spoiler, get a BMW aero kit and have the side sills color coded to your PW car. Aero kits on PWs are awesome, check out this gallery.
nicest PW coop I have seen

Or, invest it... I would invest it to make twice that amount and spend the original $2500 and reinvest the other $2500...

*anathema*

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
Cooper76 said:
I am not sure what the Alberta gov't is up to giving away free money for being something that you should be anyway, but hey, if they give it, take it!
vs.
luVlee said:
.what do you mean "wat the hell is Alberta's government doing giving out money to kids like you" ?
Woah... big difference between what Cooper76 said and what you interpreted... Unless somewhere along the way Cooper edited his post (which I doubt). Regardless, there's no need to retaliate with a personal attack.

And I hate to take this thread further off topic, but I agree. Spell Check. Write words out. It was a chore to decipher your post.

And back onto topic - PW looks phenomenal with an Aero Kit. I think it would look awesome. Saving is nice in theory, but spending on MINI stuff is fun now! ;) Be sure to post pics once you get the work done. :)

·
MINI2 Lover
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FINE!!! i guess i took it too seriosuly there..
However! Why would you boys care about my mark anyway? So plz lets not put other people in a situation where they have to bring out their personnal info. in order to prove a point. I dont think it was fair to be commenting on my mark which I have worked my ass off to get. Please respect that. If not, please just dont comment on it.

By the way woah that PW cooper s looks nice... I bet that will cost me alot though...I calculated that If i get the whole set from Oumotoring, It would cost me around $2400 Can.. I have no idea how much it will cost to get them all painted and fitted though..hehe I guess I'll need to save up some more~

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
I'm not sure how shipping would work to Canada, but Classic MINI of Ohio usually has the best prices anywhere, and is very used to dealing with out of state (country?) customers. I've heard that fully painted Aero Kits are $1300ish American from there... what is that Canadian?? And then how much extra would shipping be??

I'd try giving their parts department a call. ;)

·
MINI2 Lover
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh really~ only 1300 painted..wow...If i get the whole kit from Out Motoring it woud cost me 1600 Can with no Paint. Wow that's a good deal. Could you be kind and give me their website if they have one please? Thank you. So it's like getting the whole kit painted for free if I get it from Classic Mini of Ohio.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.