MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
-Mr T-
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm still fairly new to this site however have been checking out Mini's for months..Thinking, procrastinating, wondering...you know the drill!

I've read a heap of brochures and a lot of tests and reviews. Since joining you bunch of mini nuts I've learned more in a week or so than in six months of looking at 'em.

Some things I've learned about them are: (not in any particular order)

* the dash controls for the 'climate control' looks like the mini 'logo'
* the new stereo is also an MP3 player
* They rattle inside (some do)
* They rattle outside (some do)
* The sunroofs rattle (some do)
* Not only does it tell you when it's service is due but it tells you how old the brake fluid is.
* White wheels get dirty quick
* You can open the sunroof by remote control
* Some mini owners wave
* some mini owners don't wave
* Chilli red is the best colour...Just kidding..my favourite colour
* Service prices vary greatly from dealer to dealer.
* some people get free stuff with their mini's and some don't
* some people wait a long time to get theirs
* I'm gonna have to wait a long time to get mine

There's so much more...why don't you post something that you think might not be common knowledge.

Tux
oz

·
CR/W MC and HO/B MCC
41 Posts
That's strange

I have a '03 MC (CR/W you are correct, it is the best color combo) and an '05 MCC (HO/B I also love this color combo). When using the wipers in the '05 MCC in the slow position and I come to a full stop the wipers go into intermittent mode automatically, then back to slow mode when I start up again. I did not get the rain sensor option. The '03 MC does not do this. I have not looked in the manual to see if this is how they work.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
stephang said:
I have a '03 MC (CR/W you are correct, it is the best color combo) and an '05 MCC (HO/B I also love this color combo). When using the wipers in the '05 MCC in the slow position and I come to a full stop the wipers go into intermittent mode automatically, then back to slow mode when I start up again. I did not get the rain sensor option. The '03 MC does not do this. I have not looked in the manual to see if this is how they work.
We have an '04 Cooper and the wipers behave just as you say. Also, if you have them in intermittent mode they stop when you stop the car then back to intermittent when you start moving. Its brilliant :D

Also, to add to your list MagicTux, if the outside temperature drops below 3C the MINI chimes to warn you that there might be ice on the road and flashes the temperature up.

And if you flick the highlight switch to full beam after stopping the engine the headlights light up for a short time to "light your way home" :cool:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Magictux said:
I'm still fairly new to this site however have been checking out Mini's for months..Thinking, procrastinating, wondering...you know the drill!

I've read a heap of brochures and a lot of tests and reviews. Since joining you bunch of mini nuts I've learned more in a week or so than in six months of looking at 'em.

Some things I've learned about them are: (not in any particular order)

* the dash controls for the 'climate control' looks like the mini 'logo'
* the new stereo is also an MP3 player
* They rattle inside (some do)
* They rattle outside (some do)
* The sunroofs rattle (some do)
* Not only does it tell you when it's service is due but it tells you how old the brake fluid is.
* White wheels get dirty quick
* You can open the sunroof by remote control
* Some mini owners wave
* some mini owners don't wave
* Chilli red is the best colour...Just kidding..my favourite colour
* Service prices vary greatly from dealer to dealer.
* some people get free stuff with their mini's and some don't
* some people wait a long time to get theirs
* I'm gonna have to wait a long time to get mine

There's so much more...why don't you post something that you think might not be common knowledge.

Tux
oz
Welcome to MINI2. You have obviously caught the MINI virus and are more than well informed to make your choice of your very own MINI. Go on, you know you should. It's the law. :D

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
stephang said:
This is one of the many features that can be programmed on the MINI. Didn't have it programmed on my 03, but ot it on the 05. It's a great feature.

Added another thing you may not know; People will ask you outright how much you opaid for it. And they will ask what kind of gas mileage it gets.

·
-Mr T-
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TonyM said:
We have an '04 Cooper and the wipers behave just as you say. Also, if you have them in intermittent mode they stop when you stop the car then back to intermittent when you start moving. Its brilliant :D

Also, to add to your list MagicTux, if the outside temperature drops below 3C the MINI chimes to warn you that there might be ice on the road and flashes the temperature up.

And if you flick the highlight switch to full beam after stopping the engine the headlights light up for a short time to "light your way home" :cool:

But wait.....there's more! Sounds like one of those infomercials doesn't it? There's a few more things I didn't know. I did have a feeling that it would be sure footed in the wet though..
:)

Keep 'em comin'. Oh, something else is that you can get an auxiliary plug fitted to the later model disc player to attach an ipod or what not. I wonder why they don't just put that in as standard?

Tux

·
-Mr T-
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mini vanilli said:
how do you tell how old the brake fluid is???????
A salesman showed me yesterday. When you turn the car on and it gives the display of how many miles until the service is due, I think you then press the 'trip' button and it displays a figure which is supposedly how far the car has travelled since the brake fluid was changed. I think that's how he did it... This figure will only change once it's been reset after being serviced I suppose..

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Magictux said:
A salesman showed me yesterday. When you turn the car on and it gives the display of how many miles until the service is due, I think you then press the 'trip' button and it displays a figure which is supposedly how far the car has travelled since the brake fluid was changed. I think that's how he did it... This figure will only change once it's been reset after being serviced I suppose..
Almost right ... The display shows the number of days until the brake fluid should be changed.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Magictux said:
Did I describe the procedure to display that info correctly?
You certainly did.

Another one for your list: if you unlock the car with the remote control but don't open any doors it relocks itself after a few minutes :cool:

Also, if you hold down the unlock button on the remote control the doors unlock and then the windows open to allow the car to cool down a bit on a hot day before you get in :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
TonyM said:
You certainly did.

Another one for your list: if you unlock the car with the remote control but don't open any doors it relocks itself after a few minutes :cool:

Also, if you hold down the unlock button on the remote control the doors unlock and then the windows open to allow the car to cool down a bit on a hot day before you get in :cool: :cool:
Thanks TonyM

Did'nt belive you so tried it.... ;)

Pitty it's P***ing rain here in dublin : :rolleyes:

Sharkie

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Alright Magictux, when are you going to let go of the surprise and tell us that you have had your MINI since 2002, logged in over 100k miles, and are just playing with us?! :p

So go on! Go get one!!! Be a good man and adopt a MINI!!! :cool:

·
-Mr T-
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cooper76 said:
Alright Magictux, when are you going to let go of the surprise and tell us that you have had your MINI since 2002, logged in over 100k miles, and are just playing with us?! :p

So go on! Go get one!!! Be a good man and adopt a MINI!!! :cool:
Yeah you got me! Check out the pic with my plate on it. (apologies to whoever owns the pic but this will be me in about April 05)

I ordered my mini today!!!

Tux

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.