MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and a bit of the butterflies in my belly. Just checked the mini owners lounge and my estimated delivery date is 11/4/04. Now I know I shouldn't get my hopes too high as there can be delays at the distribution center and processing at the mini dealer. Still it's the first semi-firm date I've received. Hmmm. Guess I really ought to get a loan to pay for this little beaut.

Now for a name...he(or she). Red with a white top, white ears and white shoes. Lillian Gish? Charlie Rich? Moytul? Grundoon? Eric(as in Eric the Red)? So many names and so little time. Hehehe.

Photos to be posted after the birth announcement. :red:

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
i know exactly how you feel, mines at the dealer now, they are just fitting the dealer fitted options like the roof, cd and stripes etc..its so agonising, ive not seen the car yet, cant wait till its done!

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
fred3 said:
and a bit of the butterflies in my belly. Just checked the mini owners lounge and my estimated delivery date is 11/4/04. Now I know I shouldn't get my hopes too high as there can be delays at the distribution center and processing at the mini dealer. Still it's the first semi-firm date I've received. Hmmm. Guess I really ought to get a loan to pay for this little beaut.

Now for a name...he(or she). Red with a white top, white ears and white shoes. Lillian Gish? Charlie Rich? Moytul? Grundoon? Eric(as in Eric the Red)? So many names and so little time. Hehehe.

Photos to be posted after the birth announcement. :red:
My wife has already named the car Sgt. Pepper, which is probably horribly overused and tacky, but works anyway. And PW is such an unusual color here (I've only seen two, and one was from Michigan). I already bought the CD to go with (along with a wide variety of Clash and Nick Drake for her every driving mood...)

I asked her the other day if she'd already figured out the "gender" of the car without even seeing it. She hadn't, but figured that would be a silly name for a "girl car". I told her it's best to sit in the car to get a proper feel of what it is before giving it a name or gender. That's the way I've always done it with my cars, but then maybe I'm a bit of a flake that way... I mean naming a car and all :)

If you go for the Viking name, there have been some interesting Dragons on roofs in other threads that would look great with the CR/W combo.

-Eric

·
Sergeant Pepper
347 Posts
sgt pepper! i was thinking of a name for mine. Nice one.. im a big fan of the beatles too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts