MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi im michael im 16 and im hoping to get a classic 80s mini as a first car.
But where do i start? so i thought i should try and get some advice from the proffesionals.
guys an gals out there can you help me on how to find a car an what to do once i have bought my cheap mini and how do i do it up.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Best advice i can give you is keep checking autotrader online and ebay, u'll probly be looking at getting a mini one with you being 16. Get used to looking at the prices of the mini's and also wot u'll be getting for your money. Compare em all against each other. Try to single out the car with the most options that you require, ie sports seats, 17s etc.

If i was to advise you of one thing it would be to get a mini with some warranty outstanding, that way u'll be covered if you have any problems with the car. Also get one with transferable TLC.

Other than that with regards to mods etc, uve come to the best place for info here, just keep using the search feature function for info on anything ure interested in.

Gud Luck :)

·
minimalist
585 Posts
MINIdreamin23 said:
I love MINI Cooper's but I really do hate the old MINI's......is that bad?? Am I a bad person?
...i'm sure you're not a bad person (not for that reason alone anyway)... but, but WHY?
:confused:

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
mike64 said:
...once i have bought my cheap mini and how do i do it up.
There's no such thing as a "cheap MINI." They sell new for MSRP or over and for used ones residuals are extremely high... used MINIs can (and have) sold for close to or at the price of a new one. That being said, there seem to be a lot more on the market lately since the 2005s came out. Start looking at anything and everything thats for sale around you. You'll eventually find one thats perfect ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
undefinedthere is such thing as a cheap mini
i have a friend that was given a mini because this guy was getting rid of it
im hoping to find a classic mini from the 70-80s
i believe i can get a mini for under £300
and spend LOADS on doing it up
help me please

1 - 11 of 11 Posts