MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car had it's first ever service on Monday, wiper blades changed, oil changed etc. Everything 100%. I wanted 2 new tyres fitted but they weren't in stock so they rang me and I've booked it in for the morning. So that's all fine. Today I was driving to work in fairly heavy rain, next thing my wipers start making this scratching sound, so I couldn't really work out what was wrong but I got real worried to see a cyclist on my left dodging it. The metal thing was hanging out of BOTH windscreen wiper blades. The rain also got very heavy so after I jumped out to fix them they were back sticking out again in no time. My car was booked in to have the tyres replaced in the morning, but it was scraping so bad I went straight up, and I tried really hard not to use the wipers till I couldn't see through my window at all, just incase they were actually marking the window. So they were a little bit apologetic...but not as apologetic as I would have liked. Considering they were fine untill they'd been replaced. So, after fitting more new wiper blades today he told me he's going to need the car for longer because the dodgy wiper scratched loads of paint off my roof, I hadn't noticed because the rain was so heavy, anyway, he did apologise, and he did say he was "speaking to a technician" to find out what happened, but they kind of made me feel like It wasn't a big deal, and I was a bit too nice about it too I think. I don't know

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
You have a right to give out stink Lou - thats bad service and workmanship.........:mad:

They really don't care though, stealers.........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok good. Thanks Aiden. :) Just felt a bit like I needed a rant there! ;) They better get it right tommorrow or I'll....god, I don't think I have it in me to throw a strop actually. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ned78 said:
That wouldn't happen in my Dealership ... ;-)
That's what I would have said till about 3 hours ago...I was only singing their praises just yesterday

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Yep................. Give them absolute HELL, and staggering amounts of SARCASM !

I would......after all they are fitting wiper blades, hardly the most taxing job in the world is it :rolleyes: :(

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well considering it only took 5 minutes for them to replace them AGAIN when I went back, you'd wonder how little effort went in to doing it the first time around

·
Grinny's the Mini 4 me!
956 Posts
Good to see all is okay now..

just keep an eye on the roof paint... if it starts to rust, go back and get to respray or polish the roof..

Ian M.;)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Well you have every right to have a rant. So far though the dealership appear to be
accepting responsibility and going to sort it out. Best tactic is not to have a go at
them now but bite your tongue and stay friendly. Obviously have a go at them if they
start to try and weasel out but hopefully it won't come to that. Bet there's some red
faces amongst the "technicians" :rolleyes: .

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
Lou , Are we talking about a MINI dealer here ? . in my humble experience when this happens more often than not just wiper ' refills ' were used . I find the genuine MINI blades excellent and can't really see how they would come apart like that .of course create hell if they don't repair the damage . ask if ' genuine ' blades were used .
Gerard

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
I replaced my Wiper blades (rubber blades only) myself the other week, it's a little fiddly but even I didn't manage to Feck it up!
Hope they sort it for you and give you a goodwill gesture :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've calmed down a little now. :rolleyes: . I got my new tyres fitted this morning, and they didn't charge me for labopur, which was a "goodwill gesture" if ya like. I'd to wait around for 2 hours but Ally Mc Beal was on in the waiting area so thats ok. They tried to buff out the scratches but no joy, so my cars going back in to have the roof sorted next week. I was really nice about it. He was more apologetic about it today so I just accepted that these things happen, and i don't mind as long as it's sorted out. The sales guy who sold me it kinda put his foot in it though he was passing through as the service people we're giving me another appointment for my "paintwork" - "Oh no, not your MINI, what happened?" So that gave me a little excuse to broadcast what had just happened to the rest of the customers in the showroom. ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thats really hard luck and could have caused a nasty accident maining because you were not able to see where you are going!! - have the blades damaged the windscreen at all? because scratched glass can be a nightmare and weaken the glass making it more prone breaking on you!!!

- so I would suggest you check that out too! and expect a full repair and them to foot the bill!

I have to say that the wipers are a little dissapointing on the mini. I fitted the revised "aero" wipers on my golf, which act and a spring mounted blade - they are really very good and last for ages!!!!! I am not sure if you can get them for the mini? could be worth invistigating

I will miss them when I get my MCS soon!

oh yeah, lou! one more thing! ;) :D

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
Lou, just caught up on this!:rolleyes:

sounds like the Botox's fitted refills only..like Gerard said, new wipers shouldn't do this!!:mad:

Did they charge you for wipers or refils??.......I'd be surprised a BMW garage would even offer Refills!!...but not surprised that some would fit em and pass em off as new wipers!:(

Have you got the roof sorted yet???:confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts