MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had a phone call from the Dealership that my Mini has made it into the Docks.

They are holding it there until Jan (05 Compliance) and pick up will be on the 22nd January :) :)

Mini run anyone?? on the Sunday?

See Ya Brett

·
Brass Cannons
3,488 Posts
Sounds good Brett, I don't know how you can contain your self knowing your new car is just up the road. When I first read your thread I thought you were going to get it for Christmas.
Good luck with it.
How many sleeps ? :p

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
Congrats - hope the wait goes quickly and painlessly.

PS: Our MINI days are only a day apart. I took delivery on 23rd January. A good excuse for cake.

4 Posts
Sooper Cooper s said:
A MINI run to Fishermans Islands.............?
Sooper, the Wallenius Willhemsian line that delivers the MINIs doesn't berth at Fishermans Island. It Docks At Patrick's Maritime on the northside of the river, cityside of the Gateway Bridge. If the ship is still there, the best viewing spot is the park off Lytton Rd where the hockey fields and picnic grounds are. Can't remember the park's name , but if you look in the UBD on the southside of the river, there is a long, skinny park that runs between the road and the river, maybe 2 km back towards Balmoral from the bridge.

·
MINI2 Lurker
1,145 Posts
Darth Cooper said:
Sooper, the Wallenius Willhemsian line that delivers the MINIs doesn't berth at Fishermans Island. It Docks At Patrick's Maritime on the northside of the river, cityside of the Gateway Bridge. If the ship is still there, the best viewing spot is the park off Lytton Rd where the hockey fields and picnic grounds are. Can't remember the park's name , but if you look in the UBD on the southside of the river, there is a long, skinny park that runs between the road and the river, maybe 2 km back towards Balmoral from the bridge.

Whaaaa?

Thanksfor the heads up, on the northern side of the river you say? :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Darth Cooper said:
Hey Darth have not heard from u in a while!!!!!Did u find your way out of the closet???? :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
brett said:
Just had a phone call from the Dealership that my Mini has made it into the Docks.

They are holding it there until Jan (05 Compliance) and pick up will be on the 22nd January :) :)

Mini run anyone?? on the Sunday?

See Ya Brett
yeah brett. am wrapt for you :D

you coming to town tomorrow?

would love to go check out the arrival of your min. time and place pls

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
That's awesome news!

but is it worth the pain of waiting so much longer just to have 2005 on your compliance plate?! The build is still 2004 anyway

I say just get it NOW! :D

·
Livin' the country life
4,008 Posts
Talk about a carrot on a stick??

Congratulations :D
I think that I would go stark raving mad knowing that my car was here but unavailable 'till January :confused:
Hope the wait flies for you!

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
minigolf said:
Could be a smart resale ploy Tim
IML337 said:
The build is still 2004 anyway
:confused:

unless he's waiting until after Jan 1 because import tariffs dropped or something? That'd make sense. But I don't think I'd be able to hold myself back for that long.

I give Brett 3 days before he phones the dealer and says "I don't care, just ship my car NOW damnit!" :D :D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Don’t think built date as anything to do with resale, after all it is a MY05 Build with a 05-compliance plate, so the second hand people will sell it as a 05.

As for caving in, well don’t know but he is about 5 hour drive away from it so that would make it easier to hold out, but of course we are not going to make it any easier by talking about it or photographing it. :)

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
IML337 said:
:confused:

unless he's waiting until after Jan 1 because import tariffs dropped or something? That'd make sense. But I don't think I'd be able to hold myself back for that long.

I give Brett 3 days before he phones the dealer and says "I don't care, just ship my car NOW damnit!" :D :D
Unfortunately, I think the price drop we've already has was to allow for the tariff drop :eek:

·
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IML337 said:
That's awesome news!

but is it worth the pain of waiting so much longer just to have 2005 on your compliance plate?! The build is still 2004 anyway

I say just get it NOW! :D
You weren't the tool who didn't read the note attached to the Mini and attached a 04 compliance plate on it were you???

The dealer phone me Saturday morning with the news :mad: :mad: That Mini Aust wacked it on with out reading it.

So first week approx in December now :) At least I get it earlier

·
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just have to get a way down there. most probably with a Company rep Panasonic, Nec etc.... As it is the busiest time of the year for us......

Talking to my mate a dealer (holden) last night at the races he said it will mean only a couple if dollars, It's the same car so after initially felling really ****ed of about it, The more I think about it, the more OK I am about it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts