MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to order my first ever MINI after I was let down by Skoda (I mean... Skoda - what was I thinking?!!!) taking away the engine spec I wanted. I had my first conversation with the MINI dealership in mid January. A small downpayment, a flurry of phone calls, spec sheets and finance quotes..and then a stall. This was because of MINI changing their packs around a bit, meaning they couldn't add my piano black exterior pack to the order, which is a dealbreaker for me. It took them until February 10th to get that sorted out 馃檮 they reckon delivery should be 11th April, but I need it a bit earlier so they said they'd try and move it along for me. If that fails they'll give me a loaner until it gets here (jolly decent of them, I thought).
But happily, things are now moving along, and I've been told the order is in, finance approved and the car is 'scheduled for build', whatever that means. Hoping for more info soon. OMG I'm soooooo excited!!!!! I'm getting:

2021 F60 LCI Countryman Cooper S All4 Exclusive
Moonwalk Grey, black bonnet stripes, piano black exterior pack, black roof, black roof bars, darkened rear glass
19"Yours British Spoke 2 tone wheels
Chester Indigo leather, shaded silver interior style, heated windscreen, Comfort Plus pack

I think that's it, spec wise. The images the dealer sent me look stunning, hope it looks as good in real life. I have found though that I'm becoming slightly obsessed with all things MINI now...and there's probably no coming back from that!

I'll keep you posted, if you're interested 馃憢馃徎

Registered
Hey, congrats on your first MINI purchase, I'm sure you'll love it. I've been a big MINI fan for a number of years now. I'm in the same boat as you, as ordered a new car in the middle of January, but due to the changes that they're making and with the new changes to the model pricing all happening about now, the order was held up. MINI also decided that moonwalk grey was no longer a free paint colour, even though the dealer placed the order prior to this. Fortunately the dealer is absorbing the cost, or at least someone other than me is.

Anyhow, I ordered a Countryman All4 JCW and the new order after the mix up went in around the 1st Feb. The delivery date is estimated to be around the 19th April, but the dealer said that the delivery date can pull forward from the estimated delivery date at the time the order goes on their system.

Fingers crossed for an early arrival, although like you they're going to give me a car on loan in the meantime, as my current lease car will be going back before the new one arrives. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with your delivery date, or if you hear anything in the meantime. I'm going to ask for an update next Monday.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, congrats on your first MINI purchase, I'm sure you'll love it. I've been a big MINI fan for a number of years now. I'm in the same boat as you, as ordered a new car in the middle of January, but due to the changes that they're making and with the new changes to the model pricing all happening about now, the order was held up. MINI also decided that moonwalk grey was no longer a free paint colour, even though the dealer placed the order prior to this. Fortunately the dealer is absorbing the cost, or at least someone other than me is.

Anyhow, I ordered a Countryman All4 JCW and the new order after the mix up went in around the 1st Feb. The delivery date is estimated to be around the 19th April, but the dealer said that the delivery date can pull forward from the estimated delivery date at the time the order goes on their system.

Fingers crossed for an early arrival, although like you they're going to give me a car on loan in the meantime, as my current lease car will be going back before the new one arrives. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with your delivery date, or if you hear anything in the meantime. I'm going to ask for an update next Monday.
Hi Keith77!

Thanks for your reply - we can go through the pain together! Congrats on your new Countryman in Moonwalk Grey - we'll practically have MINI twins lol.
I have to say, despite the pain of the ordering due to the kit/pack changes, I'm really glad I'm getting the newest spec. I think the steering wheel controls are slightly different, with touch control rather than buttons, but other than that I think it's just pack changes. I got shafted a bit re the paint, my dealer never told me that it became a cost option, and just charged me. But my wheels are now free instead of 拢500 so swings and roundabouts. He also (and this is really cheeky) said he'd give me my 拢650 black exterior pack with Comfort Access for free, because of the hassle ordering it, when it turns out it's now a no cost option, and the Comfort Access is now in the Comfort Plus pack!!!
Anyway, I'm still dying to get my MINI. I actually chased mine up this morning, and the response was (and I quote) ' Car is still waiting to go into build with an estimated delivery date of 12th April. I have spoken to MINI UK and they have said they will try and bring that forward once it hits production around 2nd week of March'
So pretty much same as you, except a 1 week earlier delivery. Let me know how your chasing goes, if you can wait till next week :)

Registered
Hi Keith77!

Thanks for your reply - we can go through the pain together! Congrats on your new Countryman in Moonwalk Grey - we'll practically have MINI twins lol.
I have to say, despite the pain of the ordering due to the kit/pack changes, I'm really glad I'm getting the newest spec. I think the steering wheel controls are slightly different, with touch control rather than buttons, but other than that I think it's just pack changes. I got shafted a bit re the paint, my dealer never told me that it became a cost option, and just charged me. But my wheels are now free instead of 拢500 so swings and roundabouts. He also (and this is really cheeky) said he'd give me my 拢650 black exterior pack with Comfort Access for free, because of the hassle ordering it, when it turns out it's now a no cost option, and the Comfort Access is now in the Comfort Plus pack!!!
Anyway, I'm still dying to get my MINI. I actually chased mine up this morning, and the response was (and I quote) ' Car is still waiting to go into build with an estimated delivery date of 12th April. I have spoken to MINI UK and they have said they will try and bring that forward once it hits production around 2nd week of March'
So pretty much same as you, except a 1 week earlier delivery. Let me know how your chasing goes, if you can wait till next week :)
Hi Jaxter,

The waiting part is always the annoying bit, but it's always worthwhile when it finally arrives. I went with a dealer that seemed to know their stuff, as some other dealers were telling me I couldn't get this and that. The new configurator is up and running, so you can always build your MINI and have a look at it inside and out and check out all the features that you've picked.

I wonder if it's worth me contacting MINI UK to see what they say. I think the Countryman is built in Austria, with the 3 door hatch being built in Oxford. I will be contacting the dealer on Monday, but if MINI can give me a more accurate update then that would be good. Did you call or e-mail them?

Thanks

Keith

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Keith

I just called my dealer (that sounds dodgy lol!) I didn't speak to MINI UK - they did that. I went to my local dealership via online to buy, I didn't have time to do lots of cross-dealer haggling, I only had a short timeframe to get another car ordered after the Skoda fiasco. They have given me a discount, so not complaining.
I've been all over the configurator - it wasn't working properly for ages. The rest of the website is pretty shabby too - they are still showing the 192bhp engine when you select the Countryman to configure, and some of the photos and price lists are old.
But... despite all that, it's only a few weeks and then we will be whizzing (with you whizzing slightly faster than me, with your JCW) around in our shiny, cool and fast Minis, getting envious looks from other motorists. I haven't even seen a Countryman for months (I'm abroad working) so I've practically forgotten what they look like in real life! I tried to time it for a delivery on 1st or 2nd April when I get home, so a bit gutted it's possibly going to be the 12th.
I've had difficulty getting insurance quotes, because some companies don't list the correct model, year and trim combo. I can't get anything at all off Direct Line, keeps asking me to call them. Aviva managed to quote me at 拢390 but I want more quotes before I do anything. I'm between cars so can't just update a current policy.
Hope you manage to find out some more info about yours soon. Are we the only ones buying a factory order MINI right now? Nobody else is joining in 馃し鈥嶁檧锔

Jax

Registered
Hi Jax,

Thanks for the reply, it's definitely good to be able to speak to someone else going through the same process. The weeks are flying in, so it wont be long now. I'm not sure if MINi are busy with factory orders just now, but if not then our MINI's will be here quicker 馃On the insurance side, I found going through money supermarket was a good option to find the best one, which turned out to be Admiral.

BTW the configurator only changed this week, as was on this morning and your Cooper S exclusive is now up to date from what I can see (178 bhp) As you know only takes 5 mins to configure and what you've chosen looks nice!

I'll keep you posted along the way.

Keith

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Keith

Yes, defo good to share experiences. I'd love to know if they are busy at the moment. Nothing much more I can do until my MINI goes into build in a couple of weeks. I can't harass my dealership too much...馃I just wish the whole process hadn't left me so MINI obsessed! I need to get out more. Oh... wait...馃樂
Thanks for the top tip re insurance, I'll wait until I'm 30 days before delivery and jump onto Money Supermarket and see what they can come up with. March is going to be a long month!

Laters

Jax

Registered
Hey Jax,

Just thought I'd let you know that I called my dealer (it does sound dodgy, lol) for an update, as I'm hoping to get a loan car from them to tide me over, but to my surprise they've told me that they're expecting my car 4 weeks earlier (week 12, 22nd of March), so fingers crossed that's when it arrives. That will be around 7 weeks from placing the order, so hopefully yours will be around 7 weeks too.

I left it a month before calling them, but I guess there's no harm in checking with them every so often.

Keith

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Jax,

Just thought I'd let you know that I called my dealer (it does sound dodgy, lol) for an update, as I'm hoping to get a loan car from them to tide me over, but to my surprise they've told me that they're expecting my car 4 weeks earlier (week 12, 22nd of March), so fingers crossed that's when it arrives. That will be around 7 weeks from placing the order, so hopefully yours will be around 7 weeks too.

I left it a month before calling them, but I guess there's no harm in checking with them every so often.

Keith
Hi Keith

Oh wow - 4 weeks early - really pleased for you! Did they say why it was so early? I wonder if mine will be early too then, can't see why not. Did you add many options? I wonder if that makes a difference...馃
I don't want my MINI to be quite that early though, a 1st April handover would be perfect as that's the day I get back into the UK. Gosh, right, well I'll hold out on contacting my dealer (馃き) for a week or so but hope that they get hold of me first to give me some good news. Exciting times!

Jax

Registered
Hey Jax,

I ordered the F60 LCI Countryman with the following options:-
Moonwalk Grey
Red Roof & mirror caps
19" circuit spoke 2 tone wheels
Dynamica leather interior, piano black JCW trim
Harman Kardon Hi-fi
Panoramic sunroof
Darkened Glass

Navigation pack and comfort plus pack are standard on the JCW.

I got an e-mail to say mine's had left the factory this morning, but someone in the forum said it could take 2-3 weeks to get here, which ties in with the date I've been given, so all good. I hate this waiting part! 馃槵

Even if your car arrives early, then it will be at the dealer until you're ready for it.

Keith

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Keith

That grey with red roof & mirror caps combo sounds brilliant! It'll look amazing out on the road. Your MINI has been born - congratulations hehehe! I guess you'll have your VIN then, and can do exciting owner registration stuff now... I'm well jel!
Anyway, I've not heard anything from my dealer dude, so time for an email I think, I can't wait any longer for an update!!!

Jax

Registered
Hey,

Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised when you hear from the dealer.

I do like the red roof, as have this on my current MINI. I've not asked for my VIN number, probably just going to wait now until I hear that it's arrived, as not much I can do now until then. Hopefully it goes smoothly through customs, as it would be good to get it before my lease car goes back.

Out of interest, have you had any updates from MINI? i.e. to say that you cars being built. I did get one to say that I was enrolled in the order update process right after the order, but didn't get anything until it left the factory. There should be one to say its started the build process. Maybe depends on how efficient the dealer is and where it's built.

Keith

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Hey,

Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised when you hear from the dealer.

I do like the red roof, as have this on my current MINI. I've not asked for my VIN number, probably just going to wait now until I hear that it's arrived, as not much I can do now until then. Hopefully it goes smoothly through customs, as it would be good to get it before my lease car goes back.

Out of interest, have you had any updates from MINI? i.e. to say that you cars being built. I did get one to say that I was enrolled in the order update process right after the order, but didn't get anything until it left the factory. There should be one to say its started the build process. Maybe depends on how efficient the dealer is and where it's built.

Keith
Hiya!

Can you post photos of your lovely new MINI when you get it? I think I'm going to be a bit jealous!

I emailed my dealer dude and got an out of office - he's 'away from the business' and didn't say when he's back. Imagine my disappointment 馃槱

I had one text from MINI when I originally ordered (the one with the wrong spec) which gave me a link to MINI UK and it implied there would be some sort of build journey with updates. Never heard anything since, and the link is still leading to the same MINI that I'm not getting, and it's not been updated. I asked my dealer about how to get updates at the beginning of the correct spec order, mentioning the MINI Lounge they have in the States, and he definitely didn't mention the order update enrolment, said there wasn't anything like that and that MINI update the dealerships fairly regularly and he'd pass them on when he got them. So basically I've had diddly squat in terms of anything about my car being built, apart from the email I spoke about before. Not good. Really hoping he'll be back on Monday and he replies to my email. 馃槓

I'm really pleased yours is on its way though, and I'm sure it will get through the port easily enough. Where in the UK are you? Anywhere near a port? Less transporting time if you are...

Jax

Registered
Hey Jax,

No problem, I'll post photos when it arrives. I'm sure other folks will also be interested to see what the latest countryman looks like, as I believe there were a few tweaks since last year. It's just a waiting game now, which we cant really do much about. I'm near Edinburgh, so not near any ports unfortunately.

It a shame that the updates don't come through like they're meant to, as that keeps it interesting and gives you something to look forward to.

I'll keep you posted.

Keith

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Keith

Ugh! So I won't bore you with the details, but my enquiries have yielded the sum total of naff all on the update front. I have a Zoom meeting scheduled for Saturday, so I'll post after. Honestly, it's like pulling teeth. You must have been lucky with your dealership, they seem to actually care about your purchase, mine don't. I mean, it's a huge amount of money being spent here, and frankly I think they should be putting more effort in, or at least answering emails in less than a week. As you can tell, I'm getting hacked off with them. Rant over.
The plus side is I'm still dying to get my hands on my new MINI, and as the shops will be re-opening soon after I get it (and after my annoying quarantine), I'm planning a lot of driving to shops that aren't necessarily anywhere near where I live 馃榿 you know, just for the hell of it, like 馃殭馃挩

Back soon...

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Morning (well it is here!)

Had my Zoom call with the sales lady at the dealership - my MINI is scheduled for a week 14 delivery (5th to 11th April) but may arrive earlier, hoorayyyyy! I have a VIN/chassis number too now, so can get my insurance sorted. I feel a bit better about it all now I know my car actually exists, but I still feel they could have kept me more informed. But hey - in less than a month I will have my shiny new MINI, and that's all that counts. 馃殬
Keith yours must be due for an imminent delivery? Bet your neighbours will be jealous when you get it...馃榿

Registered
Hey,

That鈥檚 great, I鈥檓 glad you got all the information you were looking for. It definitely makes a difference when you know what鈥檚 happening and when to expect your car. Looks like you鈥檒l get yours When you need it

I didn鈥檛 want to say until you heard about yours, but my new car arrived on Wednesday, so I鈥檓 picking it up tomorrow.

it not going to be as bespoke as yours with the colour combinations, but I鈥檓 really looking forward to seeing it and getting to drive it home.

The cars seem to arrive before they say, my one was certainly much sooner (about 5 weeks). I鈥檓 not complaining, as my current car goes back this week.

I鈥檒l get some pictures and post them up, once I stop driving it everywhere! Well, as far as I鈥檓 allowed at the moment anyway.

Cheers

Keith

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Keith - got an email alert with part of your reply to my post above, but your post isn't on here??? 馃し鈥嶁檧锔 where did it go??? The bit at the end said you'd got your car then it cut off... congratulations and where are the pics of it? 馃榿

Registered
Hey,

I鈥檓 not sure what happened with yesterday鈥檚 post, for some reason it said that it had to be approved by a moderator, no idea why. It鈥檚 appeared now.

Anyhow, I鈥檓 collecting my car today, so will let you know how it goes and send on some pictures when I get a chance later.

Like I said, glad you know what鈥檚 happening with yours now and you鈥檒l have it in no time!.

Later

Keith

1 - 20 of 38 Posts