MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey,

I’m not sure what happened with yesterday’s post, for some reason it said that it had to be approved by a moderator, no idea why. It’s appeared now.

Anyhow, I’m collecting my car today, so will let you know how it goes and send on some pictures when I get a chance later.

Like I said, glad you know what’s happening with yours now and you’ll have it in no time!.

Later

Keith
Yayyyyy! MINI day! Have a fab time learning your way around the tech and screeching away at the lights 🚙💨 dead pleased for you! 😊

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey,

I collected my car today and I’m so pleased with it. When I got back the weather was really bad, but I’ve taken some photos. thought it was best to take some before it got too dirty.

Its really nice to drive and it’s very quick. Here’s the photos, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh my! It's a stunna! You must be sooooo pleased! The grey and red look fantastic, well all of it does. Wow. Worth the wait, but shame about the rain 🙄 how was the handover? Did you get any freebies???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Jax,

I’m really pleased with it and it’s been great driving about in it this past week. I’ll need to watch as it could get me into trouble, it’s so quick and sounds great too!

If you think your car looked good in the dealer images, just wait until you collect it. You’ll love it.

just a heads up, if you’ve taken the protect x (which will be on your order if you didn’task to remove it) then you should get a bag in the boot with the rest of the cleaning kit, with things like car shampoo, sponges, etc. all in a nice bag.

Not long now.

Keith

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks Jax,

I’m really pleased with it and it’s been great driving about in it this past week. I’ll need to watch as it could get me into trouble, it’s so quick and sounds great too!

If you think your car looked good in the dealer images, just wait until you collect it. You’ll love it.

just a heads up, if you’ve taken the protect x (which will be on your order if you didn’task to remove it) then you should get a bag in the boot with the rest of the cleaning kit, with things like car shampoo, sponges, etc. all in a nice bag.

Not long now.

Keith
Oh! I was rather looking forward to a free keyring or mug or t-shirt, a bag of sponges and shampoo just isn't doing it for me! 😁 ah well, I can live in hope...

Glad you're loving driving yours as much as you like looking at it - you've got a beast of an engine there. Mine should feel quick too I hope, it's the same 0-60 time as the Skoda that I nearly got and that felt fantastic. Was it easy to hook up to MINI Connect? It looks like quite a good app.

Yes, not too long now, I'm home on the 1st so really hoping it turns up quickly after then, although I'll be in quarantine for 5 days so it may be ready before I'm allowed to collect it. I'll just have to see what happens, it'll be fine whatever. A MINI is imminent, that's all that matters.

Happy driving, and I'll post when I have more news

Jax

Reactions: Keith77

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Things are moving on - my MINI is imminent! I got my finance docs through to sign today, and the date of first registration is 31/03/2021 - at last! Despite me sending them my VRM Retention document twice, they still managed to register it on a 21 plate 🙄. I sent it for a third time and now it's right. Such a relief knowing it's finally a reality and should be ready for when I get home. I've got to do poxy quarantine for 5 days though so it may be sitting on my drive taunting me for a few days 😂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey,

That’s great! won’t be long now. Sounds like your dealer is not really on the ball, but at least it’s sorted now. I’m looking forward to seeing the pics, as it will be stunning!

I take it you’re getting your car delivered? If so, you’ll have 5 days to play about with the new infotainment system and learn how everything works.

Look forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thank you! There will defo be pics, and yes, I will be faffing about and learning all the buttons and settings while it's sat on the drive. I'm a sad nerd so will be reading the manual too whilst I'm grounded.
I'll know when it's at the dealers because they will want my deposit (otherwise I'm sure I'd be none the wiser!). I haven't spoken to them about how I'm getting the car, but delivery would be good under the circs and they aren't far from where I live. Was yours delivered? Was it on a low loader or do they drive it to you?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I collected my car, as we’re allowed to do that as long as it’s pre-arranged. The dealer is just over an hour away, so it was good to drive back in it. Plus it’s the furthest I’ve been for a while other than for work, so was good to get out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ah fair. My dealership is about 2 miles away, but I'm not allowed out so they will either have to keep it for a few days or deliver it to me... no prizes for guessing which of those options I'd prefer! Totes excited! 🙌🏻

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Tuesday 6th April...2PM, collecting my MINI at last!!!!! It's registered and I've been able to get into my Owner's Handbook so I'm cribbing 🤓 3 more days.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks! One more sleep... 😂

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
And finally.... MINI day! Happy to say I already adore it! So comfortable, steering wheel and pedals weighted perfectly, smells of leather, looks gorgeous...a great little car. Oh, and I found Sport Mode 😈
The handover was underwhelming, and I got a poxy keyring (not even a bag of shampoos). How tight are they! But the car was the star of the show, and I'm delighted with how it looks and drives.
Spent ages trying unsuccessfully to connect the car to MINI Connected, it was driving me nuts. Then discovered they are using a different app ('Mini') and then it worked first time. Can't get CarPlay to work - says it's connected but I just get the Bluetooth mode, not the CarPlay screen. Grrrr! I'll try and figure it out tomorrow.
Hopefully, my photos will attach....pics of the interior tomorrow

My MINI 😍😍😍😍... (twice... don't know how that happened... soz!)
IMG_0743.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG
IMG_0744.JPG
IMG_0745.JPG
IMG_0748.JPG

Reactions: knt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Jax,

That looks amazing! Love the MINI yours colour combo, it really does look nice!

I'm sure you'll get your carplay to work. Maybe just try removing the paired phone from your car menu and do the same on your phone and start again from scratch making sure you accept all the screen prompts.

I managed to get both the 'MINI' app and then 'mini connected' app to connect to the car in that order, although I'm not really sure what the benefits are 🤷‍♂️ It gives lots of info on fuel level and range, etc and also if you've locked your car. It's a step in the right direction for being able to start the car on cold mornings, if that will ever be a thing. As far as I know, the 'mini connected' app lets you do more, like connect Alexa, etc.

Look forward to seeing the interior when you get a chance to post up the pics.....no rush though. Enjoy!

Keith

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hi Jax,

That looks amazing! Love the MINI yours colour combo, it really does look nice!

I'm sure you'll get your carplay to work. Maybe just try removing the paired phone from your car menu and do the same on your phone and start again from scratch making sure you accept all the screen prompts.

I managed to get both the 'MINI' app and then 'mini connected' app to connect to the car in that order, although I'm not really sure what the benefits are 🤷‍♂️ It gives lots of info on fuel level and range, etc and also if you've locked your car. It's a step in the right direction for being able to start the car on cold mornings, if that will ever be a thing. As far as I know, the 'mini connected' app lets you do more, like connect Alexa, etc.

Look forward to seeing the interior when you get a chance to post up the pics.....no rush though. Enjoy!

Keith
And now the interior... 😍😍😍😍😍😍

·
Registered
17 Posts
Honestly, it looks brilliant? The MINI yours colours are stunning, especially the leather interior. You must be so pleased with it!

I hope you enjoy your first weekend driving it around.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Ah thanks Keith - I am utterIy in love with this car, I keep pinching myself! I'm out of quarantine now so have been able to get out a little bit, been driving around Poole with a huge smug grin on my face. Totally looking for excuses to drive somewhere 😁 Haven't been out at night yet, so I need to try a night drive and see what the lights are like. I bought some all-weather mats from MINI so I'm going to fit them today, I'm going to need them it looks like rain later!
I hope you're still loving your gorgeous grey and red JCW, it must be loads of fun with that amazing engine. So glad the long wait was worth it for both of us ☺

Reactions: Keith77
21 - 38 of 38 Posts