MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to look at minis on my birthday, knowing I couldn't afford even a mini one. Ended up ordering a new cooper there and then. Because of the tight budget I kept the spec to the minimum: standard car, astro black, 16 inch 5-star alloys, 3-spoke steering wheel and mats. Sensible decision?

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
welcome to mini2.com as well.

If you're really on tight budget, I won't suggest any further options - because it will never end!

Astro black is a great colour.

congrats on the order :D

·
A GinGer ******
108 Posts
Yeah you did the right thing mate, if can e afford it after a few months, sell it and you will make money

I did a similar thing myself ended up ordering a MSC + chill, climate, full leather and so on.....

Once you've looked at the options is never ending.....

You only live once though mate

Seize the Day and all that!!!!

·
Brill
24 Posts
Very good decision ! I bought a Mini Cooper in 2003 and my wife just got her 2005 Mini convertible. We love these cars! :)

·
Now with S power!
23,915 Posts
good decision.

i was in same position but havent regretted it. thing is you get the servicing etc. warrenty and it braely depreciates so running costs are a lot less than a cheaper car. and its so fun to drive. :D do make sure you get tlc tho.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It'll be the best birthday present ever! Astro black looks the biz in real life to, you made the right decision mate. You can always add a few more bits after you get it anyway. I just love tearing round in mine it just seems to get better the more I drive it. Here's a pic of mine in astro black.

Oh and by the way I just said to the missus one day I'm getting a new mini and went and ordered it, try not to think about the money too much, think more of it in terms of how much pleasure it gives you, you might get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Braw decision!

The 5-star alloys are worth every penny. They look great I've just collected my new cooper with them today, and the 16" wheels are better than the 15's by far.

Great decision, and welcome to MINI.
Enjoy!
:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
absolutely the right decision

I bought after a 10 minute test drive. Picked it up today. It is better than I remembered. These cars are really tiny on US roads, but they don't feel or drive that way.

You will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Being an older person...

Gav said:
Went to look at minis on my birthday, knowing I couldn't afford even a mini one. Ended up ordering a new cooper there and then. Because of the tight budget I kept the spec to the minimum: standard car, astro black, 16 inch 5-star alloys, 3-spoke steering wheel and mats. Sensible decision?
I'll have to be the bad guy and the voice of *ahem* reason. :) If you can't afford it(your words) and you bought it anyway what are you going to give up to be able to keep it? Food, shelter, rock climbing...?????

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
NIce choice Astro Black is a nice colour :cool:

Wish i had the guts to just go and buy one :( :rolleyes:

Just one question though :confused: if you went in knowing you couldnt afford a ONE how are you going to afford the COOPER? :confused:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I thought you needed a good spec Mini to be able to sell it for a good price? I couldn't imagine getting a car without air con or a CD player these days..

I know the new car experience is great but i think going second hand would be a better choice.
If you want a facelift look just buy the new bumpers as and when you can afford them!

-Rob

·
Registered
78 Posts
Never buy a car / add on extras just for resale value.... everyone always goes on about that!
I have just part-ex my cooper, no air-con, and got a very good price, so get what u want / what u can afford and it will still hold value well.
just my thoughts....am sure others will disagree!

·
bepmoc-er
265 Posts
off course its a good idea, just make sure your repayments are more than the monthly depreciation so if you really can afford it, just sell and pay back the loan (pressuming thats what youve done) oh and the tlc is a neccessity. make sure you get that!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts