MINI Cooper Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1362 Posts

·
Pirates in my ear
6,671 Posts
I always thought of Ed as my second dad, because from the second I met him, he was so caring and welcoming. He'd send me emails when I was down, call me for no reason, and stopped by my office a few times. I got to meet his wonderful family, and they too welcomed me with open arms. They don't deserve this. I'm just crushed. I really wish I had called him last night like I wanted to. I'm going to our favorite hang out and having a vanilla milkshake in his honor.

·
Silly Moo !
12,442 Posts
NoNo said:
I always thought of Ed as my second dad, because from the second I met him, he was so caring and welcoming. He'd send me emails when I was down, call me for no reason, and stopped by my office a few times. I got to meet his wonderful family, and they too welcomed me with open arms. They don't deserve this. I'm just crushed. I really wish I had called him last night like I wanted to. I'm going to our favorite hang out and having a vanilla milkshake in his honor.
Awwwww NoNo its a terrible thing isnt it, i hope you will get through this ok.

sarah x

·
Registered
535 Posts
How awful, I never knew Ed but judging by the response from all his friends here I wish I had have done :(

What a hugely popular man, judging by the photo's he looked like he had so much more left to do in life. My heart goes out to his family & friends.

Looks like it's true what they say only the good die young :(

R.I.P Ed I only hope you are looking down & can see how much you are missed :(

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
GMINI, NoNo - great pictures; ScottyB too ... this thread is a wondrous tribute to a wondrous man.

My heart & thoughts are with Mart who loved Ed dearly and was so supportive of his "MINI ways", and to the rest of his family.

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
I am just completely shocked and numb. I quickly read through all the pages thinking this was another of the pranks that Ed was so fond of. I just can't believe it.
I guess the bright side is that we got to know him at all. What a great guy. He'll be missed by all.

My thoughts are with Mart and his family.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Very bad news indeed.:(

Condolances to Maxamini's family, and our USA mini2'ers, as has been said before, Maxamini used to pop into our Northern Exiles and Misfits on a regular basis, leave some hilarious post, and make a quick exit.

( He also helped me prepare for a few USA trips with local knowledge ).

I suggest we all find some corner of our MINI for a yellow plastic duck.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
I just caught this.

My heartfelt condolences to your family.
I may not have met the man but I do know his presence in this community will be missed.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
this is such sad news, i really don't know what to say.

my deepest condolences go to Ed's family and so many, many friends in this difficult time.

:(

a duckie will appear in my car soon :)

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
SoggyCornflakes can't get on-line at the moment, but he has asked me to express his heartfelt condolences to Ed's family on his behalf.

·
Privileged & Gifted
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
thanx for the support of everyone, This is his son Dan and would like to help you out with info you need, Currently there is no date for services but I will post with any info. My house number here is 860-673-6332 and home address is 12 East Shore Dr. burlington,ct 06013 Thanx again for all the support he will be missed but legends are never forgotten.

·
Retired and relaxed
5,371 Posts
I am in L.A. on a family emergency. John called me this morning with the sad, sad news.

Two weeks ago today, Ed slept over at my house on the Cape. We had pizza and beers and stayed up watching the original version of Father of the Bride. My son, Evan and I had rented it to watch with him because of the upcoming wedding. The next morning we got up early to go fishing. On the way to the beach we stopped at the motel where Theo was staying and we decorated Theo's MINI in a most horrendous manner in the early morning fog. We then fished for a couple of hours and had so much fun and time to talk.
Ed would send Evan post cards on a regular basis because he knew Evan would be so pleased.
I've known Ed only two years and yet he was a best friend and I can truly say that I loved him.
Mart, Dan and the rest of the family you are the focus of my thoughts and prayers.

·
Privileged & Gifted
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
hey one question, I'd ask the man but maybe someone here would know. The question is what exactly started the duck frenzy?

·
Bringing Love to MINI2
19,214 Posts
Well, the reality has begun to set in and I feel like there is a big hole left in my heart. Thanks to a loving call from some friends across the pond this morning, I have just bearly pulled myself together. :( Well, enough of this selfishness.

I want to thank you Dan, for having the fortitude to give us the news so quickly while you must be grieving deeply yourself. It seems a bit of your Dad is left in you as that is the kind of selfless act he would do. And, in one of hundreds of PMs we shared, he expressed his love for his family in these words:

"Less than a month until my daughters wedding. I got teary eyed just getting fitted for the tux. Hehehe" :)

Spectacular father, husband, friend and shining star....I will never, ever forget you. I, and many others, truly love you. :)

And, Ice, this quote is precious:

"Take the time to go see a friend, even if it's out of your way. You may not otherwise have the opportunity to pass that way again."

Recently, Ed (along with co-driver NoNo) drove hours and hours to meet me at the Jim Thorpe run. It was so wonderful to be in his presence after countless hours of correspondence by PM, email, M2 and phone - from hilarious laughter to deep thought and introspection. It seems he lived what he preached. Otherwise I would have never been graced to meet him in person.

81 - 100 of 1362 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
173 Participants
GBMINI
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing