MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mini dealer mentioned that somebody had requested an in-car MP3 player and hard drive for his car and it was being fitted. Seems a good idea, no more cd\'s/tapes or minidisks flying around the car. Does anybody know anything about this ? If so what are your thoughts about combining the MP3 player with the Harman/Kardon system.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is no plan for OE fit if MP3 players. The dealer may fit an aftermarket unit, but this is all.

The radios have the ability to have an auxillary input, but I don\'t know what the dealer had said. Nothing from BMW is being offered. I think MP3 will really kick off when PCs are built into cars, then the hardware is all there. Of course your phone will act as your modem and you have your mobile kit anwhere, anytime.

Sorry, nothing before this. :(

ICEman

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kenwood sell an in dash MP3 player - Just plays MP3 CD\'s as well as normal CD\'s !! Around £300

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
On 08-08-2001 6:43 ICEman wrote:
There is no plan for OE fit if MP3 players. The dealer may fit an aftermarket unit, but this is all.

The radios have the ability to have an auxillary input, but I don\'t know what the dealer had said. Nothing from BMW is being offered. I think MP3 will really kick off when PCs are built into cars, then the hardware is all there. Of course your phone will act as your modem and you have your mobile kit anwhere, anytime.

Sorry, nothing before this. :(

ICEman
Do you have any idea how to plug in to this auxillary input? I have a portable CD/MP3 player I would like to plug in. Is this something to do with the 17 pin connector???

Thanks,

Alan Singfield.

·
Man in the know!
3,957 Posts
My mate has got the Aiwa CDC MP3 head unit. its seems to be pretty good.

CDC-MP3
Single In-dash CD Player with MP3 file playback
Output Power: 45W x 4
Plays MP3 files recorded on CD-Rom
CD-R/RW playback
CD Text compatible
4 Colour Dot Matrix Display
RDS-EON
Auto Volume Control
Steering wheel Remote Control
CD Changer Control
DSSA - Drivers Sound Stage adjustment
Smart Jog
Detachable Flap Front Panel
Phone Mute
H-Bass
Dual RCA Pre-out
Front In-put for portable Cassette/MD Player

Cost him about £180 imported from france i think!?!

·
Registered
186 Posts
iceman have you any idea if the HK system will have a Minidisc player and a CD player option? as per the options for the cooper now? only i was considering the HK system with a Minidisc player factory fit headunit? :?

·
Kaptain Krutaroo
390 Posts
Will most likely add XM (satellite radio) to my Mini Cooper S when it comes in. Do you mates in Europe or Australia have anything similiar to XM or Sirius Satellite Radio?

Kurt Collins

·
Registered
133 Posts
Iceman, you wrote "The radios have the ability to have an auxillary input" ....

Do you know how to do this? Where is the AUX Input jack? I'd love to plug my XM radio into my MINI without having to buy & install and FM modulator.

Thanks!

·
* shooting pictures *
3,144 Posts
Normally the only 2 MP3 car audio players with harddrive that I know are the:

Sony XPLOD MEX-1HD
This is an DIN unit radio/CD/mp3 player which allows CD to be copied onto an internal harddrive of 10Gb ... Price appr.
$ 1500 (tooo much for me:( )
info: www.xplodsony.com

You also have a system called : MStation (now Neo I think)
Which just uses a normal harddrive from a PC with a removable rack. So you can connect it to your pc and copy mp3 audio on it. You can also easily put a harddrive in of 20Gb then (mjummie). But I find the design quite dull..
Also because you have a remote display.
info here : http://www.procell-media.com/

I myself have the new PSW9521 from Kenwood and I find it very good.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Morty said:
Yep your right!

I forgot about that one, but I really don't think you can still find it.
Maybe in some second hand shop, a sell out or something
Hi Morty, you can still find people selling RioCar on Ebay, but because demand has outstipped supply, it's very expensive - then again, it always was! :(

Potts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts