MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cooper s with zero extras to try and be as raw as possible, but want more power.

I have looked at the works and hartage kits etc but the price is way to high. Does anyone know of any modifications to receive noticable power increases without spending as much on a kit? I was contemplating a super chip or equivalent but am open to sugeestions (obviously, or i wouldn't be writing this message, d'oh)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Dollar for HP a pulley will give you more power per buck than anything else under $500.00.

An air intake will help for another $200.00

But a catback exhaust at 6 or $700.00 will gain you very little extra power by it's self. Include the pulley and air intake and the exhaust will start to pay off with more power.

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
scott_roberts said:
What I'd get:

1. Pully
2. Exhaust
3. Intake
4. ECU
5. Cylinder Head
6. Cam

In that order.
i'd do tb ahead of cams, ahead of cylinder head.... if you are real nuts, a fmic conversion can massively increase hp if you are using a 19%, think even a 15 would benefit from it though

anything more would require some pretty serious mods... even the cylinder head is pretty heavy work.. header helps somewhat as well, i'd do that after tb

so my order is similar

pulley, intake, exhaust, ecu, tb, header, fmic, cams, cylinder head

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Richie Rich said:
I have a cooper s with zero extras to try and be as raw as possible, but want more power.

I have looked at the works and hartage kits etc but the price is way to high. Does anyone know of any modifications to receive noticable power increases without spending as much on a kit? I was contemplating a super chip or equivalent but am open to sugeestions (obviously, or i wouldn't be writing this message, d'oh)

If you want cheap it's got to be MTH :cool:
http://www.mth-powerchip.de

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.