MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet this has been asked before, but....

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the engine in my '06 Mini One Seven is the same as that in the Cooper, just with less power.

I'm also sure I heard somewhere that the power increase to that of the Cooper is pretty straightforward.

Has anybody done this? What kind of cost am I looking at? And who does it??

Many thanks for any advice!

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
the following are a waste of money on a one cooper = induction kits, bluefin, throttle bodies,

all you need is a decent manifold and cam shaft and if you can afford a head the Thumper head is amazing value for the gains it gives and a play mini / borla or magnaflow cat back and custom tune

·
a.k.a. BrainRush
160 Posts
while a blue-fin is generally garbage for a cooper s, there is definately an improvement in power from tricking a one into thinking it's a cooper.the best option would be to get a coustom tune, but that's generally $$$, next best option would be to get a stock cooper map, but good luck trying to get that from the dealer. while generally blue-fins are the bittersweet option for the cooper or the s, there is a noticable improvement in power from a one.

an induction kit might not really add tons of power, but it does add some growl underneath the bonnet.

head and cams, sure they do add power, but cost $$$$$ before labor.

so, if you can, trick your one into thinking it's a cooper, and then add what you want from there

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
We can offer the P-Torque remap for the 1st Gen Mini One for £195.00 all in to members.

We can also offer before/after dyno runs for just £45.00 all in

This gives approx 120bhp :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts