MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I'm new to Minis, got my first bargain buy recently and so far have done the clutch, various gaskets, lamba sensor, water cross pipe and various other little jobs but one issue remains and has stumped me a bit.
It's a 2007 Cooper and the indicators do not cancel. The lane-change indication does but obviously that doesn't go by steering angle.
I have access to diagnostics and live data shows the steering angle sensor working 0 degrees straight ahead and goes positive/negative when turning.
There is a single code 'C98B SZL: Bus communication fault' listed as History so maybe intermittent. Could this be the issue?
All other functions work - lights, wipers, computer, horn etc. It's just the cancelling that doesn't happen.
It's quite a basic Cooper, I don't think it has DSC or Start/Stop?
Any tips on what to try before maybe getting another set of stalks, which will need to be coded presumably?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Macgyver

I have exactly the same problem.
Happen to me when updated SZL to SZL with cruise control and multifunction steering wheel. Unfortunately, I bricked old SZL when I tried to code cruise control (wrong part number old module don't support cruise control) I have C98B code and indicators don't self-canceling after turn. Did you manage to resolve your problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, not visited for a while! I haven't solve the issue, bought a second, used SZL and it did exactly the same when swapped, which makes me think it is some sort of coding problem, although everything else works. Went back to the original set but I'm not sure it actually is the original as it had 'R56' written in pen on it so probably had already been replaced with one from a breakers. I did code the VIN (as it wasn't showing correctly) but still no joy and so gave up in the end and just put up with it. But... I'm going to sell it now so may revisit one last time - any ideas? I reckon a full coding check is in order (I've been using Deep OBD to check/code) but I'm not up to the task and it's not worth the cost of taking to an expert. Did you get yours sorted?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts