MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 R56 JCW
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I have a problem with by car which is driving me mad! I have a 2011 JCW, when I put the left indicator on there is no way of cancelling it (won’t self cancel or cancel manually). The right indicator works as it should.

I have tired installing a second hand indicator and wiper stalk squib (is that what it’s called?) ring. This did not solve the issue, I think it’s unlikely that both units would have the same issue.

Has anyone else had this issue before?
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi what happens if you activate the hazards and then deactivate them ? When the left is activated and the stalk is moved to turn right does the indicator on the right operate or does it continue to flash left ?

·
Registered
2011 R56 JCW
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi what happens if you activate the hazards and then deactivate them ? When the left is activated and the stalk is moved to turn right does the indicator on the right operate or does it continue to flash left ?
Using the hazards deactivates them.
When the left is active and the stalk is moved to the right, the left continues to flash…

·
Registered
2011 R56 JCW
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t think there are any aftermarket bulbs, all the bulbs work when the hazards are on…
Wiring diagram attached from a friend who works in a garage (who is also stumped!)
Font Material property Schematic Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would want to find the control unit and check the connections there for any sign of moisture ingress or corrosion .I would also want to check the power and grounds to that control unit . Make sure it is getting battery voltage and the grounds are clean and tight

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all - I have a problem with by car which is driving me mad! I have a 2011 JCW, when I put the left indicator on there is no way of cancelling it (won’t self cancel or cancel manually). The right indicator works as it should.

I have tired installing a second hand indicator and wiper stalk squib (is that what it’s called?) ring. This did not solve the issue, I think it’s unlikely that both units would have the same issue.

Has anyone else had this issue before?
Thanks
I have a slightly similar issue with the indicators on my R50, they seem to need to warm up before they work, the car needs to be driven for about a mile b4 they decide to work, its a very odd problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts