MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi wonder if you could help me I’m buying a 54 plate 1.6 mini one tomoz,
I’m not mechanically minded but my dad is, and was a mechanic for many years so knows what to look at, what he as asked is is there anything we should be looking out for when we look at any common faults we should notice it any advice, never owned a mini,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Couple of things I do when looking to buy a car.
Test drive a good example first so you can recognise a bad one...
Check the mot history on the .gov website, there are a few advisories to note for the vehicle reg in the photo. If these haven’t been addressed then you may have to foot the bill for sorting these next MOT time.
Check where it’s been parked to see if there are any oil stains indicating leaks.
Take a fault code reader with you to see if it has any stored faults before and after a test drive. (This has saved me a lot of money in the past).

I’m sure someone else will be able to give you more vehicle specific faults to look out for....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure the vehicle spec is what you want. I can see that car doesn't have air con.

no it’s not got air conbut it’s got the double sunroof on it, the front one opens up from behind the passenger and the back as the glass separate one but doesn’topen , I’ve bought it, and I’vehad a good haunt about in it, my dad checked it over andit As been used, I paid a grand for it in the end, so got it cheaper, he’s put a bee rad in it, and replaced the radio, it drives well no rust any where, it’s a solid car, driveswell steering responsive and gearbox is stiff and smooth no sloppiness in it at all, going to give it a service and maybe some new back discs, but I’m nit bothered my dad knows a guy whose good and cheap, and won’t rip me off,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anything I should know about them, then that dongonwring with them, never owned a mini , my last was a BMW e46 msport, loved it, but started getting expensive and oil leeks all the time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts