MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,I am planning to order myself a new mini one next year.I want it on an 05 plate,can you tell me when the 05 plate will come out?How far in advance will i have to order it by?And will there be any changes made?would be great if somebody out there could reply to this,i cant wait to get it!Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
05 will be march 06 so pretty much 17 months away - my cooper that was delivered september 1st was ordered at the end of may so 4 months - think you would be safe to order in a year and be easy on for march

·
Registered
24 Posts
The 05 plates will be issued on all new cars registered after 01 March 2005. The 2005 model year MINI has been available since september 2004- that model included minor?? revisions (which are reviewed in an article in the news section). Mini Customer Services have not yet been advised of any planned future changes.

If you want an 05 registerd Mini, you might as well order it now and then go and pick it up from the dealer 01 march 2005

·
Registered
24 Posts
Paul, Paul, paul, do you agree with me or not?

I asked my own question on another thread about whethe rthe current car is the 05 model year or not. Everyone insisted it is (I have read two recent car magazine articles about future 05 changes). As above, Mini Customer Services also say they are not aware of any planned changes to the current spec.

The reason I am paranoid is baecause I recently ordered a ONE for Nov 04 delivery. It wouldn't be all that nice to see a new spec card arrive a month and a half later.

What are the changes that are due later?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your replies,i havnt bought a brand new car before.I am trading in my old car,but im not getting a great deal for it.Is there any room for negotiation,when i go and buy my mini?Or will i have to pay the figure the salesman has come up with?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The general feeling is that the price of the new mini is pretty much fixed, because of the still high demand the dealers don't need to barter to get your business. What may be open to discussion is the price of your trade in.

Most dealers now use a middle man who will offer them a price for your car. Sometimes the dealer might have a 'panel' of middle men so might phone around for the best price for you.

Usually, you can get mor for your car by selling privately. The last car I sold (Fiat Punto) had a 'trade in price' of approx 2000.00. I advertised it on autotrader.co.uk for £15.00 and sold it for 2800.00. It's worth trying that. If you cant sell it privately, you can still take the dealers offer.

A couple of posters have mentioned a small discount being available on new mini's through internet car dealers (drivethedeal.com has been mentioned). I took finance for my car. Mini finance was 9.9%apr.

Sainsburys bank was 8.9% and they offfered a small (few hundred quid) discount. I placed my order with them, and they have in turn ordered it from their preferred dealer (discount for bulk purchase). The delaer will transport the car to my house when it is ready.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Amanda,

There is always a degree of negotiation, not with the MINI, you might at a real push get the TLC thrown in and the usual odds and ends like a full tank of petrol or some mats (if the model you're speccing hasn't already got them). In terms of the trade in price if you're not happy shop around the other local dealers or consider selling the car privately. With the exception of traded in MINIs the vast majority of trade ins against a MINI will be sold directly onto the trade.

Hope this helps...happy future MINI motoring!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.