MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MINI2......Convertible
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just decided to order a MINI cabriolet........but unsure about the extra chrome you can have added on the bodywork.

Being a female, rightly or wrongly, I always thought chrome was metal.......doh!

So this new plastic chrome stuff, is it just as hardwaring or will it become all dull and tarnished, or is there some miracle stuff that will protect it and ensure it always looks shiny?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Welcome to MINI2 :)
Nearly all new cars with chrome have the new, probably cheaper and lighter, plastic chrome.
It doesn't seem to tarnish and stands up really well. It's sort of coated in plastic. I personally don't like the chrome bumper strips on the new 2005 model as much as on the old 2004 model ;) If you don't want the chrome strips it comes painted in body colour. :)

·
MINI2......Convertible
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silver and Black said:
Welcome to MINI2 :)
Nearly all new cars with chrome have the new, probably cheaper and lighter, plastic chrome.
It doesn't seem to tarnish and stands up really well. It's sort of coated in plastic. I personally don't like the chrome bumper strips on the new 2005 model as much as on the old 2004 model ;) If you don't want the chrome strips it comes painted in body colour. :)
Hi there

Phew, the moderators are a bit quick off the mark, obviously I put this thread in the wrong place!.............dumb blonde eh! :(

Many thanks for your reply.

Had a test drive of the Mini this weekend, absolutely brilliant, just ashame I have to wait until January.

This appears to be an excellent site, no doubt shall be drooling over the pics that appear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Rob.
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing