MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just finished trying to sort out the Black Death on injector 4. Took an awful lot to get the injector out at all and I had to tap it side to side with a chisel to get it moving. Once out I cleaned the well and fitted new copper and rubber seals and a new spacer. Used a reconditioned injector from Carwow. Having torqued everything back up to spec I’m finding I have what looks like a diesel leak around the injector. Ever 10 seconds or so it starts to pool around the injector and if I wipe it off in a few seconds it’ll start to flow again. I tried taking it out again recleaned and new seals again nipped it slightly over the recommended torque. Still leaks.
Anyone had this on their cooper
D W16. Any idea of fixes.
ive tried two injectors so hoping I’m not unlucky enough that it was just both of them leaking from the injlector body.

·
Registered
12,287 Posts
got to be careful when doing the pipes up on them can either crack the threaded part on injector where screws in or can loosen the thread in to injector as such, if injector leaking around the coil part then tends to be injector needed, also check the bleed off pipe t-piece seal rings are all good

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.