MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called up Mini of Mountain View for my 30K service, only to be told that the first appointment they have available is in February! I live in Palo Alto, so would love to go to a nice local place, but 2 months is just insane. Is Mini SF any better?

Anyone have any suggestions or tips for a shorter time?

·
Mr Buttons!
837 Posts
This isn't good. I've got my 5000 mile service coming up soon, February sounds ridiculous. I think it would be better to try East Bay MINI. It is far, but I hear they're one of the best dealers in CA.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have always taken my Cooper to East Bay MINI for service and they have been great!

Went to SF MINI once to schedule an oil change. They noted that I did not buy my car there and said it would be a week and a half before they could take my car. They also charge $125!

East Bay charges $75 and will do it in an hour.

East Bay is a trek but they really deliver great service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
more than just basic service

sadly, I need more than just the basic service.
  • Last time I was in, they broke my driver side door. Need to manually unlock with central locking
  • New wiper blades
  • rattles (roof again!)
  • air conditioning has really bad smell in first 10 minutes of starting up
  • change programming so doors don't lock

so I'll probably need to leave my car there overnight. 4 hours of extra driving just doesn't seem worth it. :(

Oren

·
Registered
60 Posts
teich- I purchased my car at Niello MINI in Sacramento and, except for the first service, I've brought it to MINI of Mt. View and they haven't said a thing.
I also found out that if you have a major problem, and just "show up" in the morning, they'll let you slid in.
I took advantage of this when my R/R brake was rubbing and making a terrible noise. They understood that I could not drive the car that way and started working on my car the same day I dropped it off.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mt. View or SF: Two month wait

I had to wait two months to get service in Mt. View and then they held the car for two days without doing anything and were fairly rude on the phone. I've moved into SF since and just called the SF Mini and was told the next appt is in March. Are there any independent Mini repair shops in SF? :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
MINI of Concord just opened up their new MINI service center, and one can get an appointment set up within a few days or less in most cases.

Contact David Savell, MINI service advisor, at 925-682-3577, extension 130.

MINI service appointments can be made any Tues. - Sat., from 8AM - 5PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.